Chapter 72: Facing

A/N: Few more chapters before the ending. I think 5 or more. Then after Christmas or New Year, I'll publish another story or a special chapter for this. I need that holiday and the holiday spirit to engulf my living body so I could relax from time to time. Haha

***

Gulf sighed and looked down at the letter of challenge unable to understand how a father could send something like that to his own child. There were days when he wanted his baby to be out of his body and into Mew's arms so he could have some peace but there was no way in hell that he would ever challenge him to a fight in which one of them had to lose. The words were there though printed in fancy gold lettering and a fancy elaborate writing.

Alpha of the Black Waters Pack. Magnus Jongcheveevat, Alpha of the Jongcheveevat Pack, sends this letter of challenge in the rights to your omega. Kanawut Traipipattanapong...You can of course refuse this challenge but the rights to your omega are forfeit and we request that you relinquish. 

"What the fuck? I'm not luggage or a-a parcel that can be handed around." Gulf growled getting to his feet and waving the letter around his insides churning in a way that had nothing to do with the new life that was growing inside of it. In the last six months he had grown more confident, sure of himself and of Mew's feelings for him. He had a pack that he adored in just a few days he would be one of the alphas that would be helping to change Toptap and his brother, helping to awaken them to this life at yet. Here in black and Singto it stated that he wasn't anything more than a tool that could be passed around. His power was an illusion created for him by Mew who loved him so dearly "You said. You said that omegas weren't treated like garbage and yet. This. This whole thing proves that we are. I'm like a cup."

"No! Not to me. Not to anybody that matters!" Mew growled getting up and wrapping his arms around him tightly his mouth pressing to the crook of his neck as Gulf crushed the expensive paper between his fingers unable to believe that in 21st century omegas could be treated like this." My parents are the worst kind of people and they know the truth of you and that is why they want you. And why I will never allow them to take you."

"Mew. It says here that any alpha of your pack may take up the challenge correct?" He asked shakily an idea coming to him so quickly that he was sure that it wasn't him that had put it there. He read through the letter again just to be sure what he thought he had seen was there. It was boldly displayed for them all to see.

Any Alpha within your pack has the right to accept the challenge on behalf of your pack. 

"Yes. But I will not allow Singto to fight my battles for me. Although I believe that he could win, it is still unfair." Mew hummed relaxing his grip on him as Gulf turned around and flashed him a smile his head cocking to one side as he hummed softly and touched his stomach.

"No. Not Singto. Me." He said slowly and shakily the words taking a long time to get out of his mouth knowing what Mew would say even if, when they thought about it logically, they would both know that it was the best thing for them.

"You? Are you crazy?" Mew hissed predictably and Gulf gave him a smile rubbing the bulk that was his stomach a few more times while munching on his bottom lip and staring into space a little dreamily.

"Maybe a little bit. I would not like the person you would be if you had to kill your own father, Mew. I am an alpha. By a strange twist of fate. And I will not stand by an allow your family to demand me like I'm a doll. Let me do this."

"No!" Singto spat staring at his brother in laws like they had both grown two heads and Mew sighed loudly closing his eyes and pinching at the corners of his eyes. He had just had a three-hour long conversation with a determined heavily pregnant Gulf who had beat him down by pointing out that his father wouldn't be able to attack him.