Chapter 51: Turning

A/N: Please read my end note because I have a tea to spill. Lol

This is why I have been MIA for four days because I need to process because of an overwhelming feeling that succumb my being.

***

"Can you turn somebody into a werewolf?" Gulf asked softly when Mew had finally found his lover with a sort of picnic. They were at the far end of their garden sitting in the gazebo with Singto, Namtarn, and Vadee in wolf forms patrolling the area. Mew didn't think that his parents would attack directly but it was better for them to be prepared and the more wolf scents in his garden the better in his opinion.

He was surprised by the question not completely sure why Gulf wanted to know though he had a shrewd idea that it would have something to do with his friend and Toptap. Mew fed his mate a cherry tomato and then leaned back in his chair drumming his fingers over the wood before answering slowly.

"Not a regular human. The person that you turn would have to have werewolf blood in them in the first place."

"But isn't that just an omega? I thought that's how."

"It's similar but not completely the same." Mew hummed wishing that he had chosen an easier subject to talk about over dinner. He understood enough to get the basic idea, but he wasn't a scientist and never pretended to be. Werewolf studies hadn't interested him either but now he wished that he could answer the questions of his probing mate "The most common belief now if that Omega are born when one human with werewolf ancestry produces a werewolf child. The blood is woken in the womb. While woken werewolves must have werewolf blood from both parents. but that blood doesn't come out in the womb. In those cases, a strong alpha can call the blood forth, sometimes, there's only a 20% success rate."

"And what happens in the other 80%?"

"Nothing. They just stay humans." The alpha answered knowing that the omega was probably expecting something bolder and dramatic but that was the truth. If the alpha failed to call out the wolf, they just stayed human with no ill effects. Gulf looked surprised and his voice was barely a whisper as he asked.

"So, it's not. Dangerous?"

"No more so than an omega. But it is painful. The older you are the more painful it is. It's like with you my love, your bones shatter and break each time you transform. A lot of the older called wolves find it deeply traumatic." Mew hummed knowing that he had only ever seen one called werewolf in person. His grandfather's second mate had been a called wolf and the screams that she had let out had been devastating for all of those that heard her.

"Why would Joss want Toptap to go through that?"

"I imagine that it's because they are falling in love." Mew hummed gently knowing that if he had met Gulf as a non-werewolf, he would have done everything that he could to try and be with him longer and if that had been impossible, he would have died only a minutes after his lover "And Toptap has already shown an interest in me waking his blood, even before he met your friend so the blame cannot solely rest on Joss' shoulders."

"So, his parents did have blood in them?"

"Yes. I can sense it in both him and the little one." Mew nodded remembering how Toptap and his brother had found their way into his life. Teh hadn't been any more than one month old at the time, Toptap had stolen him away from a druggy mother and an abusive father. He had run until his legs hadn't been able to support him anymore. Mew had almost tripped over them when leaving his house and they had been living here ever since. "Gulf. Neither of them has asked it of me yet but if they do, I will try to. So please don't hate me, okay?"