Chapter 47: Hearing

Gulf didn't think that he had have been more nervous than he was in those few moments that he waited for his alpha to make up his mind. He was almost positive that Mew would agree to it but for a moment or two he wasn't so sure. Mew's expression was grim as it looked him over and nervously Gulf licked his lips waiting for the insults to rain down on him, for Mew to tell him that he had no idea what he was talking about, but it never came.

Mew just let out a strange kind of noise, which almost sounded like a whoop of joy before darting forward and gathering him into his arms spinning him around and around so much and so fast that Gulf felt his stomach turn.

"You. You are falling in love with me? You said so. You heard that right, Pluem? Mawin? You heard Gulf say that he was falling for me."

"Yes. Of course, alpha. We heard it." Pluem answered sounding confused but happy and Gulf's face flooded with a scarlet color as he realized that yes, he had said that he was in love with him. He hadn't meant to, but the words had been out of his mouth before he had even realized what exactly it was that he was saying. He couldn't take them back now and wouldn't even if he could, but he would have wanted a much better setting than this for his confession.

"Did you mean it? That you loved me? Or was it just words to get me to agree to this thing between Pluem and Mawin?" Mew asked as he stopped spinning and Gulf held the chubby face in between his hands and smiled trying hard to forget that Pluem and Kaew were in the room with them as he nodded whispering out his response.

"I meant it, I would never say anything that I didn't mean. I am falling for you, you are my perfect alpha."

"Are you for real? This would create some rumors and certain controversy. But we Pluem and Kaew are not blood related, I guess nothing else matters." Mew sighed a little reluctantly, but the words were there as he turned to look at his brother and sister. "We are already a strange pack, my luna. My only mate was born an Omega. We have gone against our parents because they wanted things for us that we didn't want for ourselves. I won't lead this pack as alpha by their example, Kaew."

"Yes, alpha."

"You will most likely never bear children of your own and that is your choice. You must have known this before?"

"Yes, alpha."

"Then I charge you both with this. When you are ready. I want you to adopt. At least one child."

"Alpha?!" Both Pluem and Kaew gasped together, and Gulf had to admit that he was truly and utterly amazed by the statement knowing that Alpha's rarely if ever looked out of the pack for off-spring. It was hard if the parent came back and tried to make a claim, plus werewolves liked to have their pack being made strong, their genes going forth into the world. Of course, he should have known that Mew wouldn't be bothered by that. He truly was a completely new type of Alpha and Gulf couldn't help but feel proud that he was the one to get this man.

"As tempting as your offer to make their share is my omega. and as excited as I am about the thought of you swollen with my child...I am not going to use you as a breed mere." Mew breathed squishing the last fear that Gulf had been clinging onto "You are my lover, my luna. Not an incubator."

"I love you." Gulf breathed again hugging him tight and pressing his face into the neck as tears started to collect in his eyes. He didn't notice Mew motioning for Pluem and Kaew to leave but he did notice them sinking down so they were sitting in the center of the room just holding each other.

"Today is the start of something amazing Gulf. We're going to change things. And we need to start by introducing you to my parents."

"Are you sure about this, Alpha? Shouldn't you wait until the second is more confident?" Singto asked after Mew had explained his desire to introduce Gulf to his parents as his mate. Mew eyes moved to window looking out onto the garden where Gulf was sitting with the Joss' and Joss fussing all over him. He wasn't completely sure what they were talking about, but it had caused a shy smile to form on his lips.

"I thought about that." He hummed softly in response to Singto's concerned question his eyes not leaving Gulf's face "But Gulf's parents did a lot more damage than I first thought. It will take a lot longer than I had originally hoped, for him to gain confidence in himself. My parents aren't going to give us that time. You will be with us when we meet with them?"

"Of course, we're your pack...Your pack which is growing increasingly stranger. A gamma with a human? And your brother and sister." Singto hummed carefully and Mew finally turned away from Gulf and the window to look at his friend.

"Gulf made the choice about Pluem and Kaew and even if it goes against my alpha, I will accept it. And so, will the rest of the pack." He told him in a tone of voice which held no room for argument and instantly Singto bowed his head exposing his neck to show his submission "I know it's weird. But. Considering I've taken an omega as a mate."

"Given what you've told me about the scent and your changed scent to Gulf, I'm not surprised by that."

"So, you think that it is possible he and I are true-soul mates?"

"Anything is possible with you. You're the child of two Alpha's after all and Gulf. There is something. Not quite right." Mew felt rage curling up inside of him at sentence, but Singto held up his hand adding quickly "You said that he made the choice about Kaew and Pluem. He shouldn't be able to make choices like that. The first year of any mating leaves the submissive. Submissive and as an omega. He isn't right."

"I've had that same thought, but I assumed that I was biased." Mew chuckled turning back to the window seeing Toptap's young bother in Gulf's lap. His heart flipped over at the sight easily able to see their own child in his mate's arms. In his mind he could easily picture the child, skin as smooth and creamy as Gulf's with his features, gender didn't matter but he hoped it would always be laughing with none of the shadows Gulf had in his eyes sometimes.

"The Luna is different." Singto confirmed softly with a sharp nod "As Alpha we can sense it even if we can't understand it. But I think even the rest of your pack has noticed."

"When we were claiming I told him that I wanted him to act like he always did. But even before that. He could resist me. And fight against me." Mew hummed moving away from the window altogether now knowing that he wouldn't be able to pay attention while being able to look at his mate. He sat on his desk pointedly looking at Singto who gave him an understanding smile saying.

"I will do some research, alpha, I'm pretty sure that I have heard something about this, but I can't remember."

"Thank you. And I haven't thanked you properly for joining us." Mew murmured knowing that the greeting earlier had been more basic than their friendship deserved "I know that you didn't have to."

"When you beat me in out fight but still allowed me Namtarn's hand, I told you that the moment you formed your own pack we would join. I'm glad that you did it. Your parents were growing too ambitious."

"I know. But now I have to ask them to meet me."

*** to be continued ***

I remember reading Sharing a Slater's Love and Beta and His Twin Mates by PrinceKenzie and it was kind of controversial since the story revolves on twins that are actually doing the thing with their mate and taking turns you know doing the r-rated.

At first, I want to touch that concept somehow but I really can't, I am all for equality but I can't put myself in a situation that I'm uncomfortable writing it and somehow would also put my readers in a sticky situation. So I made them adoptive siblings to make peace with the turbulence that is going on inside me.

Whatever your preference, sexuality, or way of living are, I am respecting it. May that you're straight, gay, lesbian, trans, pansexual, demisexual, sapiosexual, doing the nasty with relatives or whatever I will respect that but just don't convince or exert some effort to make me understand it. You have your morals and mores, and I have mine. Let's respect each other.