Chapter 23: Staying

Mew led his brother to the most formal of his reception rooms, a traditional style room with paper screens and a fire in the floor and motioned for him to sit. It made sense that his parents would have sent Pluem if they had failed getting Namtarn to bend to their will. Of all his brother's Pluem was the one that he liked the most and he hoped that that would still be the case when he left here.

He knew that this was the only option, his parents would not accept his relationship with Gulf as being the only one in his life as they were determined that he was going to marry Fah and make alliances with her family and so that meant his brothers and sisters were going to have to pick a side. He would like it if Pluem picked him, but he would understand is he sided with their parents. They sat in silence for as long as he could stand it and then he almost barked out.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Uhm. No. Uhm. Mom. You upset her when you hung up on her" Pluem whispered nervously his eyes fixed on the floor his shoulders sagging so they were almost looking as sloppy as Toptap's. His cheeks were a scarlet and already he was sweating uncomfortably, clearly aware of the pheromones he had been releasing as a warning. Normally it wouldn't affect blood relatives but that no longer applied when he had formed his own pack.

"She upset me first by sending Fah here, even though I had told them multiple times that I'm not interested in her." Mew growled his hands clenching before he saw Pluem's flinch and nervous expression. He tried hard to relax but it was hard when he remembered his anger and almost fear that he could lose the omega that he was beginning to care for very deeply "I could have lost my pup through that display."

"She didn't know that you were having a pup." Pluem pointed out in a whisper and Mew had to admit that that was right, but it didn't stop him from feelings incredibly angry about it all. Pluem gave a sigh his face pale as he tried to pull his confidence into himself "Um. Fah said that you are with a male Omega."

"Yes."

"Ugh. That's great, but you..." Pluem spluttered looking shocked by his short answer

"You could still take on a beta-female."

"I don't want to take on a beta-female. And even if I did it wouldn't be Fah. I can't stand her. Her scent is sickening." Mew hummed running his tongue over his lower lip as Pluem gave an almost laugh before stopping himself and running his hands up and down his legs. Mew gave his brother a smile and then hummed gently "I'm an alpha. I don't need mother and father telling me what I can and can't do."

"So. This means you're officially forming your own pack?" Pluem asked in surprise that Mew knew was understandable. He was an alpha from two alphas but until now he had never shown any interest in being anything other than he was.

"I never had much interest in it before. I was happy enough to be left alone." He sighed playing around with a loose thread on his shoe on the sleeve of his shirt "But now. I've got my own family to think about and I can't keep answering to them."

"Would there be a place for a beta-male in your pack?" Pluem asked suddenly and for a moment Mew didn't understand what he had said until he started grinning and he blinked slowly his head cocking to one side.

"What?"

"A beta-male. I'm not all that impressive. But. I would rather stand with you than mum and dad. If they can't get you to marry her, they might start on me and I have no desire to mate with her either. So. Can I join you?"

**

"We're allowed to go home now?" Gulf asked looking hopefully at Toptap who had just gotten off the phone with Mew. Somehow, they had ended up at a park with Teh running around like a hooligan. He'd enjoyed himself but already the pain was back behind his eyes and his stomach was starting to growl with hunger. It was too soon for cravings, it had to be, he was only week gone after all but there was a hunger that he normally didn't feel. Toptap gave a nod and then went to call his brother from the monkey bars while Joss came over and nudged at his arm with his elbow.

"He's gorgeous, right?" He asked motioning to Toptap with his chin "And so good with kids!"

"He is." Gulf nodded knowing that Joss really didn't him to speak right now but wanting to show that he was listening. Joss let out a nose from the back of his throat his eyes shining with a whole lot of excitement and something very close to love.

"So, if I wanted to have kids, they would have a really great daddy." Joss mused softly and Gulf's hand moved down to rest over his stomach wishing that he could be so certain of his own ability to be a good daddy.

"Joss. You've been on one date with the man." He pointed out trying hard to hide his own feelings of doubt. Joss just laughed his eyes fixed on Toptap who was having to climb up the slide after the overly cheerful boy.

" I know. But sometimes you just know? I'm a werewolf that wants to be dominated."

"Seriously. Too much information." Gulf groaned never ever wanting to have the thought of anybody being dominated, his mind bringing forth images of a whips and handcuffs and that was not something that he wanted to think about on any occasion much less now. He straightened up and gave a smile as Teh came running over to him giggling like a wildling with his arms stretched out. Never had he had a child so happy to see him before and he couldn't resist the urge to hold his own arms open and allow the boy to bump against his stomach.

"When you're had your baby! Imma going to play with them on the slide!" The boy announced and Gulf gave a short nod his cheeks going a little red at the grin that Joss was giving him.

"Sorry sir. Teh seems to be quite taken of you."

"Of course, Gulf is a pregnant Omega. It's all down to pheromones and such." Joss laughed with an easy shrug and Gulf wished that he had paid more attention in the lessons that he had been given at school. He had hated the way that everybody had always turned to look at him every single time the words Omega was mentioned. Even the humans had turned and wiggled their eyebrows it was strange and downright creepy most of the time "I'm just surprised that the rest of the children here haven't decided to cuddle him."

"I suppose that I should have paid more attention in school."

"You and me both." Gulf sighed smiling at the flushing servant who seemed captivated by his gamma friend. Joss rolled his eyes slowly and Gulf knew that he was about to launch into a full conversation about omega pregnancies and he decided to drown it out settling to listen to Teh talking about his time on the park and what he was going to do with his baby when it was finally born. Teh continued chatting happily all the way back to the compound and only stopped when the car door opened, and Mew was pulling Gulf out into his arms.

"I want you to meet my brother. He's staying with us from now on."

*** to be continued ***

Good news, I will be posting four chapters tonight. Here's the first update.

How's this chapter.