Chapter 69: Connecting

A/N: I want some hugs in a cup

***

Gulf washed himself in the shower almost reluctantly. His omega wanted to keep the heavy scent of his alpha, but his human side was refusing to let all, and sundry know what they had been doing. Of course, his omega brain told him eagerly in argument, as everybody had already howled along with them the previous night it was obvious that they already knew exactly what they had been doing last night. It made him want to preen with happiness that he was the one that was being given all this attention but at the same time it made him want to curl into a ball and never see daylight again. He washed his body slowly leaving his insides unwashed. It left him feeling clean while at the same time left a lot of the scent of his mate behind.

Rubbing himself down with a towel in the bedroom he eyed the bump on his midsection loving the sight as he wiped it gently with the towel noticing that his lover had placed a line of love bites over it. The line was few too perfect for it to be coincidental but there were a few other marks decorating him in ways that looked intentional and it took him awhile to realize that they were in the kanji for his lover's name. Flushing brightly, he pulled on a t-shirt and then a shirt not caring that they were Mew's. He hurriedly pulled on some jeans and then made his way down to the dining room his sensitive ears over hearing enough of the conversation to blush deeply as he opened the door and stepped inside. A growl was pulled from Mew's throat as he moved further into the room his stomach grumbling with hunger as he looked at the spread on the table.

"Hungry?" Mew asked with a smirk holding up a prepared plate of meat, meat, and more meat. Ordinarily he would have avoided so much meat, but his stomach gurgled at the sight and he darted forward grabbing it out of his hands and walking around the table and plonking himself down in his chair trying hard not to care about the 'not looks' that were going on around the table. He rammed his fork into the pile of meat and then frowned grabbing a hold of a pot of spacy tomato and then a whole jar of gherkins. His eyes went to Mew smiling at the wrinkling of his nose and he said.

"Baby's hungry."

"For pickles. We are going to be having a strange child." Mew grumbled and Gulf was surprised to hear a growl coming from his own throat as his body tensed his eyes narrowing as he looked up at his bond mate. Almost all the eyes in the room had gone to the alpha and Singto was already getting to his feet his own lips curling up and Gulf cast a growl in direction. He hadn't expected to feel so defensive, but his hands were already gone to his stomach. The new arrivals were looking confused and amazed that an omega could dare to be so defensive, but Gulf didn't care. "I didn't for that to sound so harsh, you know that our baby will be absolutely perfect. I just find those things. Disgusting."

"I know." Gulf chuckled his body relaxing again, and he heard the thump as Singto settled back into his chair. In his mind it proved more than ever that Singto's sudden desire to be near him was down to his baby. "But that is a major reason I keep eating them."

"You're evil my darling."

"Of course." Gulf grinned taking one of the pickles and biting down into it loving the sour taste "Hurry and eat up! We want to go out!"

"Yes, love"

Mew chuckled in delight as he watched Gulf, Joss and the younglings in his pack playing around in the stream. They all had jars in their hands as they tried to capture the little creatures that were swimming in the stream. They were making too much noise for them to capture anything but the silliest of creatures, but they were all having fun and for all the adults that were watching that was the most important thing. It was clear to Mew that almost all the parents hadn't expected their children to be laughing so easily but Mew had confidence in his mate. The more he thought about it the more he believed that Gulf was an Alpha-Omega. They were said to be almost impossible. More so than an alpha-alpha but there were rumors of them popping up every now and then and in his mind that was what his lover was.