Chapter 44: Understanding

A/N: 4/4 update of the day! No promises for tomorrow, I may or may not update since I'll be enjoying myself without doing anything.

I hope this suffice for yesterday and today.

***

Mew watched his Omega sleeping, using the newly formed connection between them to make sure that it was a peaceful sleep, there was a lot of guilt in his heart for what he had done even if it was a part of the bonding. He ran a hand up and down the smooth back promising himself that when his love woke, he would treat him to another hot bath and massage.

He was worried about Gulf not being able to hold his form after sex, but he assumed, and pretty much hoped, that it was a mixture of his dislike of his wolf and being tired due to his pregnancy. He would check with Vadee or maybe it would be best to consult with a professional werewolf, but he could just imagine Gulf's reaction to having a doctor around him after all that he had been told.

"I love you, Gulf." He breathed into the warm skin pulling his lover closer to his chest his arms wrapping around him tightly as though he was prepared to protect him from anything that might be lurking in the dark and he was, but he had no idea how to protect him from the trauma in his own mind. For Mew being a wolf was a wonder thing and he wanted nothing more than to show that to Gulf but now it just seemed that the more they did the more Gulf was fighting against his wolf. It was possible for a person to live while being disconnected to their wolf of course it was but it was always a half-life and he refused to allow Gulf to live like that any longer. It was the last coherent thought that he had before sleep took him and he was falling into a deep dreamless sleep that was only broken when he felt Gulf moving against him trying to get out of the bed without disturbing him. "Gulf? Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Just need to pee." Gulf answered as he tugged himself free of his arms and padded out into the bathroom. After stretching out the knots in his back Mew followed him remembering his promise to give his lover a nice hot bubble bath and massage. "I'm sorry about last night. Being so weak. And crying like that."

"Gulf, I don't mind if you cry." Mew hummed as he sat on the edge of the bath his eyes on Gulf's back as the Omega peed. "Although I would be happier if they were tears of happiness, but I want you to be able to tell me why you cried. Was it the pain? Or the fact that you hate being a "weak" wolf? I can't help you if you won't tell me."

"It was all of it. I just felt overwhelmed." Gulf whispered softly rolling his shoulders in a shrug finishing what he was doing and turning to face him with his face still slightly puffy from both sleep and tears."I was liking it. But it felt wrong to like it. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault it's your biological parents' fault." Mew breathed tugging him into a tight hug before guiding him to the bath. "Have a bath and I'll wash your hair."

"Sounds nice." Gulf moaned and Mew congratulated himself on getting something right. The water was warm and sweet smelling thanks to the lotions that he had applied, and Gulf let out another pleasure filled moan as he sank down into it and Mew smiled to himself as he placed his own legs into the water on either side of him. His hands moved down to his neck massaging him gently with his fingers soothing out his back gently hoping to soothe him completely before they had to go down and meet their pack.

**

Gulf was nervous as they descended the staircase and moved to the main part of the house. He could smell that the whole pack, including Mew's sister and her mate, were there waiting for them. Never in his life had he been around so many werewolves and now he was meant to be there. Joint leader. He was just an omega, nothing special and never intended to be anything more than an Alpha's pet but now. Now he was being forced out into the light. He was glad of Mew's steady presence beside him and glad of the warm fingers that continuously brushed against his soothing down his heart, even if it was just a little.

"You'll be fine. Three of them were already your family and the rest. The rest will love you anyway." Mew told him as they paused beside a door to what Gulf guessed was the sitting room. Inside he could hear the voices and he wished that they were back in their bedroom and that all of this could be put off until another day. Every single member of the pack was higher than him and it was well within their rights to reject him even if it was Mew's wishes. "They will love you."

"Okay. Let's...Let's do this." Gulf nodded wishing that he hadn't eaten so much of his breakfast earlier as it was threatening to make a grand re-entrance all over the hallway floor. Mew took his hand in his own and brushed his lips over the fingers gently before pushing the door to the side and easing him into the room.

Their entire pack was sitting around the room on various chairs and anything they might have been talking about before ended as they lapsed into a respectful silence their heads bowed. Singto and Namtarn were in the center of the room with the other groupings around them. The secondary alpha was looking deeply imposing as he sat there dressed in black and white clothes that would have made a rock star proud and it was only a few moments until Mew was letting out a growl and pulling Gulf towards him. His arms wrapped around him tightly while his chin rested on his shoulder his eyes never leaving the other alpha's face.

Singto remained impassive before he rose to his feet holding up his hands in surrender asking for silence. It was only then that Gulf realized that the rest of the pack were also growling at him while they had been chatting happily enough before.

"I haven't formerly stated this. But I will today. To both you and your chosen mate. I submit to you. I am alpha in name only." The proud looking man said in sharp tones before dropping to his knees and lowering his head his face tilting to one side to expose the vulnerable veins in his neck. A few feet behind him Namtarn dropped to her own knees her head moving forward into the thick expensive carpet. "From today you are my Alpha and I am honored to be a part of your pack."

"And we are happy to have you." Mew whispered relaxing again and releasing some of the tension from the arms that had almost been crushing him. Gulf let out a breath his heart hammering nervously as he looked away from Singto and Namtarn to see both Sangngern, his almost adoptive parents, sitting on the chair nearest the back. There was unmistakable pride in both their faces, and he found himself blushing as he pressed back into Mew's warm and loving embrace. Singto didn't seem to be wanting to get back to his feet and slowly it dawned on him that Singto was waiting for him to say something as well.

"Ve-Very. Happy."

"Thank you."

*** to be continued ***

Their pack is getting bigger and bigger. As introverted as I am, I just want to be surrounded by people who truly stands by me through the rough and good times, not just the happy times.