Chapter 8: Presenting

A/N: Currently, cooking Mac n' cheese. This will be my dinner I guess? How about you? What are you eating at the moment?

***

Gulf blinked as they stepped back out into the light. The street was busier now with a swirling of scents as people jostled all around them. They give a space around Mew though and Gulf had to be thankful for that. He stayed as close as he could to Mew and followed him down the street. The tall buildings thinned out to the large residential houses that were all enclosed by small walls with electric gates. These houses thinned out again until they came to a large house with an even larger wall and gate. A shiny brass plate declared that this was the Mew property.

"This is your family home?" Gulf asked nervously his Adam's apple bobbed up and down almost painfully. Mew had promised that Gulf wouldn't have to meet them yet, but it didn't seem as though that that was likely. From what he could see the house was almost an estate with white wooden slats and a grey slate roof.

"No, this is my home." Mew answered typing in a number into the box against the gate so that it opened with a grinding of gears and creaks "My family live a few miles away. The only people here are a few human servants."

"You live alone?" Gulf whispered stepping inside the opening gate and finding himself in what could be a physical representation of paradise. It looked like something from a movie set with deep Vadee flowers with a pond that was shaped like a stream zigzagging its way through the garden with little bridges crossing over it.

"Of course. Alpha's can rarely live in the same house within a close distant of each other when they've reached full maturity. Two miles is normally the limit of our tolerance." Mew explained as Gulf continued to stare around the garden unable to believe how beautiful it all was "My parents are an exception to that rule but even they have to take a break from each other every now and then. This way." Mew led him over one of the small bridges before walking down a small crunchy gravel path through the paradise of flowers before crossing over another little bridge. "Better than your apartment?"

"It's not that great." Gulf grumbled rolling his eyes, his cheeks going a bright pink as he wondered just exactly how he was not going to love this place. It would be perfect for little pups to run around in the garden. Gulf blinked his cheeks growing even brighter as he realized the train of thought knowing that his over eager omega side was taking over. It was something that they hadn't talked about and he froze on the bridge turning to look at Mew "What about pups?"

"Pardon?" Mew asked in obvious confusion his tanned face cocking to one side and Gulf felt his embarrassment curl up inside of him as he nervously liked at his lips determined to finish now that he had started, and he asked.

"Pups. Will you be wanting to have pups with me?"

"Yes." Mew said his hand coming to rest over his stomach an almost bewitching smile coming to his face as he whispered "I think you would look amazing with your belly swollen with my pups. But. That is something that we won't risk until I've claimed you as my own. I'll show you to your room. Then I better go meet my parents."

Mew led Gulf to a small self-contained house at the back of the main ne and was deeply happy with the way that Gulf's body stiffened, and his mouth dropped open. It was a normal consort type of house that alpha's gave to their Omega mates so their wives/husbands were in the main house although he knew that Gulf wasn't going to have to deal with a wife or husband he thought that the Omega would be happier with his own space and judging by the look of amazement that had crossed over Gulf's face now his hunch had been proved right.

"This is yours. There's a key and everything so if you want to look me out you can. Just be warned that I do have a spare and I will use it if I think you're being silly." He said placing his hand on the small of his back and propelling him forward.

"Just like a proper Omega bitch." Gulf whispered seemingly throwing his generosity in his face, but Mew ignored it knowing that he was just being a brat." Sorry. It's great. I'm sure me and our pups will be happy here."

"Our pups will never live out here." Mew growled knowing the custom of having the 'branch family' living away from the main family. His parents had never had second families, but his alpha grandfather had with a beta. He had an uncle that he wasn't allowed to recognize as such as they were betas only and beneath them. It was something that he would never do even if it was expected of him. Gulf looked horrified by that statement as his eyes grew wide and glassy before he hissed.

"You would take them away from me?"

"No. By the time we start thinking of pups I'm hoping that you would have let me claim you for real and you won't want the space away from me." Mew answered with a smile his alpha happy at the concern his chosen was already displaying over their non-existent pups. It would have been impossible to miss the way that the man's hand went to his flat stomach. He gave a smile and pulled his hand lazily through his hair before sighing knowing that he couldn't stay "But I said that this is not the time to be thinking about that. You should make yourself at home while I go and my parents that I'm alive. Nobody should bother you."

"If they do?"

"If their human the staff will handle them." Mew shrugged knowing that nobody was stupid enough to come up here human or werewolf. His scent as the product of a two alpha alliance was powerful and discouraged casual visitors even humans managed to sense that something was off "If they're werewolf. Then they're stupid. This is my territory...I'll only be gone for an hour, two at the most. Just relax and make yourself comfortable."

"Right. Um. Can I phone my friend?"

"You're not a prisoner." He answered with a shrug his insides rebelling a little at the thought of him ringing the gamma wolf, but he squished it down and gave the best smile that he could manage "Invite him over tomorrow."

"I've got college tomorrow." Gulf hummed pulling a face and causing him to give a sigh wondering if he knew just how demanding he was being for an Omega and how he could think that he would let him get away with it.

"All day?"

"Till three."

"Then invite him over after that." He mumbled about to run his hand through his hair again until he caught sight of his watch "I really should go. See you soon."

*** to be continued ***

Eating now. I'm having an Ube Tapioca for drinks, I'm feeling fancy tonight. 😂

Comment and vote po. Thankies