Chapter 52: Gazing

A/N: So, hello. I have been MIA again for two days, I don't have any reason but the book which I have been waiting  for four months was released last December 6. I had to read it.

That's God of Fury by Rina Kent. The fifth book of her Legacy of Gods. The only MM Romance of her. So yeah.

***

Mew gazed down at his sleeping mate wondering how he had managed to earn himself such a delightful life mate. He was difficult, that much was clear, but he really was worth every moment that he had to spend convincing him of his perfection. Smiling he ran his hand down Gulf's arm and then settling down into his own sleeping position which was basically on his side with his body pressed up against Gulf and his mouth pressed against the bond mark on his neck. His arm wrapped around his lover a little more securely and closed his eyes and breathed in the warm ocean scent hoping that Gulf would agree to accompany him to talk to his uncle tomorrow. With that thought in mind he fell to sleep and dreamed of his son.

The boy, around seven-years old, danced on the garden with the spray of summer rain all around him, a rainbow around his head, and his eyes, almost the same as Gulf's, danced with happiness as he held up his hand to the water. Gulf sat in the gazebo, the same had he had been today with another baby on his lap. His lover was too far to see the gender of the baby, but he could tell that he at least he looked happy. Mew leaned against the pillar he was standing against watching his son dancing around in the rain his heart catching when the boy stopped and came running to him his arms out stretched. Mew crouched down his own arms out disappointed when he found himself slipping out of the dream.

"Mew?" Gulf moaned as he found himself back in their bedroom his lover now wrapped around him his head resting on his chest "I had a nice dream. About our son. He was dancing in the summer rain."

"I had the same dream." Mew admitted, knowing that he shouldn't really be surprised, it wasn't uncommon for mates to dream share but for it to happen so soon after bonding was surprising. He picked Gulf up, so he was almost hanging over him. His lover's eyes were still slightly glazed from sleep and his eyes smile was a half one. "Our boy was beautiful and happy and that is how he is going to be when we finally have him. A beautiful happy child."

"Born into a family at war." Gulf pointed out and for a moment Mew fell silent having to admit that it was true, but he wasn't going to let that effect his child wanting desperately to have that image that they had shared in their dream. "Sorry. He did look happy and I know that you will make that happen, my alpha."

"I love you and I love that image of our child. Come to the ocean with me today? To my uncle. I have to ask him and his mate to join us." Mew said softly regret in his heart that the word. Hs uncle Tul had always been nice to him asking for nothing but to stay out of things involving his family. "I don't want to do it and there is a chance that he won't agree anyway but I would like you to meet with him anyway."

"And I would like to meet your uncle. But. I should be heading back to college." Gulf grumbled flopping down on top of him and Mew stiffened before he managed to squash down the alpha in him again.

"Next Monday. Start back again next Monday okay, come with me today and we can stop over in a hotel before coming back tomorrow." Mew whispered trying his best to sound convincing "You told me that you had never even been to the ocean. Let me show it to you."

"Fine. But aren't the rest of the pack going to want to come?"

"We'll take, Toptap, Joss, Pluem, Kaew, and the little one. Singto and the rest can stay here and watch our compound." Mew answered with a smile kissing him gently on the top of his head