Chapter 29: Morning

Mew stood in the middle of a convenience store wondering why convenience was in the title at all. Nothing was where it should be, and everybody was jostling everybody else around. He had been to three of the horrible places now but not even one had raspberry leaf tea. If he couldn't find it here, he was going to have to call in an expert, but he was determined that as an alpha and Gulf's lover that he would be the one to get it.

"Excuse me..." He said managing to find somebody with the logo of the store on the front of her jumper. The woman jolted and then blinked slowly color creeping into her cheeks as she looked him over. The scent coming from her skin told him that she was a gamma female and only recently out of her heat. She didn't smell too bad, rather like roses that had been caught in a rainstorm, but it wasn't as beautiful a scent that wrapped around his Gulf. Nothing would ever be able to compare to that scent in his mind "I'm looking for some raspberry leaf tea. My mate is expecting and..."

"Uhm. Yes Alpha. There is so-some. On the tea aisle. It's over there." The gamma female whispered jerking her thumb in the direction she was talking about and Mew nodded happiness creeping up inside of him as he followed her directions and found himself on aisle solely made for tea. It was everywhere he looked in various packets and parcels all with a unique aroma and he was glad when eventually he found himself looking at a bright pink packet with a picture of a raspberry on it. Grabbing several boxes of the stuff he marched to the exit stopping only to throw some notes on counter.

Toptap and Joss were in the car waiting for him when he stalked back out and he tried hard to ignore his feeling of self-satisfaction that he had managed to buy the tea. He felt like one of the Alpha's of old having gone out into the wild to hunt for a meal for his mate and he was still grinning happily to himself when they were pulling up outside of the house again. Thankfully though neither Joss nor Toptap were brave enough to say anything and he carried his prize into the kitchens and made a pot of the tea himself in the finest porcelain tea pot.

If he had allowed his tail to be out it would have been wagging like an over eager puppy as he made his way to Gulf's bungalow at the edge of the garden. Before he even entered the room, he could tell that Gulf was feeling better from the change in the scent. His happiness fizzled a little at that, but he ignored it and walked through determined to hand over the tea now that he had searched for it. Gulf appeared to be asleep when he entered with his head resting on Vadee's chest. The gamma was breathing peacefully through her nose using every soothing technique that his own mother had done when he was young.

"We didn't have any raspberry leaf tea in the house, I had to go buy some." He grunted setting it down on the bedside table getting onto the bed on Gulf's other side buzzing with happiness when Gulf rolled over onto his side with his head on his chest and his hand twisting into the lose fabric of his shirt. Gulf let out a sleepy moan and Mew smiled kissing the tip of his cherubic nose.

"Even before we knew of the pregnancy my husband and I had decided to join your pack. There is something that you are not telling us but now that is unimportant, Gulf is in trouble and Joss will follow him so there is no choice but for us to follow along with him. But if you ever even think of hurting him, we will take you down."

"I understand."

**

Gulf woke to the feeling of warmth. It was surrounding him but instead of being stifling it was a gentle caressing heat. Fur was rubbing against his nose and he gave a happy smile burrowing his face further into it recognizing the scent as the one belonging to his lover and alpha. His head had stopped spinning at some point, and he is burring his fingers into the double layer of fur.

Mew let out a long huff his wolf like face pressing into his neck his large nose resting against his skin causing a dampness to form. Gulf scowled at the sensation of wet that spread out over his skin, but it wasn't long before it grew worse when Mew licked at him with a large, almost rough, tongue which started to change into a more human like one as Mew shifted back into his nude human form.

"Good morning, my omega. I'm happy that you're awake now." Mew whispered and Gulf was startled blinking slowly as he realized that the light in the room was natural sunlight streaming in through the window and he realized that he had seemed to have lost an entire day.

"Ugh. It's morning already? How long was I asleep?"

"Around 20 hours." Mew whispered his hand ghosting down to his stomach and drawing strange patterns "Your mom explained it. The baby is powerful and is draining you. She suggested that I should stay in my wolf form as much as possible when we're sleeping. Until you accept me...Or yourself."

"I really am useless, aren't I?" Gulf whined sighing deeply as he dropped his head down onto the broad chest glad at least that he had stopped throwing up now. Mew gave a chuckle his hand moving up and down his back now.

"You just haven't been able to enjoy all the things being a werewolf has to offer..." Mew said in a reassuring tone and Gulf allowed himself to believe it "That's why this weekend we're going to run as a pack."

"A small pack." Gulf joked weakly thinking of just himself, Mew, Joss, and maybe even Pluem if he was going to be able to get away from his parents. Mew gave a laugh squeezing him tightly before sitting up and looking around the room an almost troubled expression crossing over his face as he mumbled.

"It gets larger every day. Not only my brother Pluem but also my younger sister has defected from our parents and joined as well. And your parents. The Sangngern's."

"You don't sound very happy about that." Gulf pointed out guessing that it was because of his Alpha's gentle nature. Running a pack as Alpha required a lot of physical work as well as paperwork these days and Mew honestly seemed to be more interested in having an easy life with nothing too taxing. The alpha turned to face him with an almost languid smile on his face his shoulders rolling in a shrug as his fingers came up to scratch the back of his neck whispering.

"I suppose. I just never. The pack life never suited me, or at least I thought so. But that was until you came to my life. Now I'm actually excited about it all."

"Becoming a big brave alpha?"

"I've always been a brave alpha. But. I want to be something more. Someone whom I could be proud of, I can't explain it. We've changed since the old days. Or at least we think we have but we haven't. Not really. Like you."

"Me?"

"An omega. You are the most treasured part of our packs. Or at least you should be. But most Omega's are just shadow mates. You have no real power. In my pack you will." Mew enthused and Gulf flushed brightly pressing his lips to his alpha's shoulder. How could Vadee think he wouldn't accept Mew when he was this amazing?

*** to be continued ***

It's already past nine pm here in the Philippines, I'm comfortably  lying on my bed while updating this story and all a sudden I'm craving for a matcha coffee. 😭😭😭😭 I love matcha coffee