Chapter 50: Defecting

Start from the beginning

"Our children will never feel that need Gulf. We'll love them right. I promise."

"I believe you."

"Singto. Vadee. Pluem. I want to talk to you all in my office when I've put Gulf to bed." Mew barked to the three people in question and the alpha, beta and gamma all nodded in unison, their faces slightly pale, as Mew carried his slumbering mate up the sweeping staircase and into the bedroom. Gulf stirred only a little as he lay him down into the comfortable bed. Mew smiled as he pulled the blanket up around his lover and the moved his hair out of his face.

He hadn't expected Gulf to be comfortable enough to fall asleep, but he imagined that the stress he was under was taking its toll on his body and he couldn't blame him for falling into the slumber. Kissing the teens smooth and soft forehead he pulled himself out of the room and back down the stairs. Most of his pack had settled themselves in the living room while Singto, Vadee, and Pluem were waiting for him in the hall next to his office. Mew attempted a smile and then walked inside offering them all a glass of scotch before he rested against his desk with his arms folded over his chest his eyes closed for a moment before he was able to speak "It was what I was expecting but not what I was really hoping for."

"Your mother has always been a stubborn bitch." Singto swore surprised when Vadee slapped him hard on the back of his head scolding him lightly.

"There was no need for such language."

"Sorry. Your mother has always been a difficult woman." Singto corrected himself moving away from the gamma with a pout in his face which almost had Mew smirking before he collected himself. "And one only caring about power. An omega would never satisfy her."

"I feel sorry for Oab. Did you see his face? It was a picture." Pluem smirked dropping down into the sofa beside the chair and Mew gave a tense smile nodding as he poured himself another drink and offering it out again. All but Vadee took the offered drink and Mew let out another long sigh tapping his fingers against his arm for a few minutes before humming very softly plunking his bum down onto the desk his legs crossing out in front of him.

"I did and I hope that it won't be long before he comes to us." He said optimistically while Pluem looked doubtful his fingers tapping against the arm of his chair saying.

"Never going to happen, Oab has always been firmly under mum's thumb."

"I guess. But I'm prepared to have hope. That isn't the reason that I called you here." He murmured his mind going to the man he had just put to bed searching their shared bond to make sure that all of his dreams were peaceful and relaxed "Even despite all this Gulf will want to go to college, and I promised him that his life would be as normal as I can make it. Your job from now on is looking after him."

"We understand." Pluem and Singto nodded while Vadee flashed him a warm almost motherly smile as she nodded slowly her hand reaching out to grip hold of his for a few moments.

"Of course, we do, and I will always do whatever it takes to look after him. But you will have to think of increasing your pack." She hummed "Branch packs. You have the Greendale's, but I will send my husband to speak to the Sangngern's and my former pack."

"Thank you...I will also go to my uncle." Mew decided hating getting him involved but he needed numbers. Things were unlikely to be easy from here on out.

**

Gulf wandered down the sweeping staircase rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with a thumb feeling a. He hadn't been surprised to find himself tucked up in bed. He had grown surprisingly sleepy after his conversation with Mew in the car and he had lost the fight to stay awake before they'd even pulled up onto their road. Noise came from the living room and he walked towards it, smiling when he saw Joss and Teh playing patter cake in the far corner. The gamma saw him and waved frantically at him before getting up and running to him.

"Hey Gulf! The alpha is still in his office with Mom, his friend whom I forgot the name, and Pluem." The gamma explained guiding him out into the garden away from the other's and Gulf frowned a little his instinct telling him to go to Mew and be with him. He was missing the connection of his friend though, so he merely hummed saying.

"Still?"

"They've been cloistered away in there since we got back two hours ago. I guess they have a lot to talk about." Joss hummed as they moved over to the bench by the stream that ran through the center of the garden "Things didn't go well today, huh? Not that I expected anything different. But Mrs. Jongcheveevat was a scary woman!"

"She's a very powerful alpha and so is her husband."

"And so is our Alpha. And you are stronger than you think you are anyway." Joss giggled reaching out and ruffling his hair with his fingertips and Gulf scowled a little, while at the same feeling happy at the words. "So. We haven't had time to talk! How was your mating? Was it fun? Painful? Your mark is beautiful! So big. How does it feel?"

"Joss! Don't touch it!" Gulf growled moving up away from the bench his heckles rising as his hand slapping over his neck. His eyes flashed a little as he glared at his friend. He didn't mean to react so badly but the thought of somebody else touching his mark did something funny to his heart. Joss didn't seem offended though as he just grinned happily his hands clapping together as he gasped.

"Wow! You were going to hit me! Or bite me!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean. I..." Gulf spluttered almost terrified that the gamma was going to go for him, but Joss just jumped up and hugged him taking great pains not to touch the mark decorating his neck.

"I'm happy. It means that your bond is fully formed I was worried that it wouldn't be because of."

"My reluctance to accept my wolf?" Gulf finished for him and Joss smiled apologetically as he pulled out of the hug looking at him nervously as he nodded "I'm trying. And my mate is helping with that but. And it feels wonderful, blissful even."

"Wrong? I know but you are getting better we watched you playing yesterday." Joss reminded him causing Gulf to flood with embarrassment as he remembered that they did indeed have an audience yesterday "Don't be ashamed, it's amazing for the pack to see their alpha and lune so happy together. You are happy with him, right?"

"I'm very happy with, Mew. He's everything that I could have ever wanted in a mate."

"Then that's all that matters."

"And what about you? It's different with a human." Gulf said softly knowing that the Joss' would have already gone over this with Joss when they had first realized that Joss had a liking for humans "They don't live as long for starters."

"I know." Joss answered sighing in a way that completely suggested that he had thought long and hard about it "But. I'm thoroughly convinced that I'm in love with him. Plus I think that there is some werewolf blood inside him. And if that's the case, our alpha can force it out right?"

*** to be continued ***

Can we have a day between Sunday and Monday? Or make Sunday 48 hours instead of 24 hours. A day for a rest is not enough.

I'll go to bed now since I'll be up and early tomorrow.

Good day to all who are just starting their day, good afternoon to those who's thriving in the midday, and good night to all who are now sleepy and ready to hit the sack.