19.2: always be my baby

continuation of hope you do (tw) + lyrics: always be my baby by mariah carey

---------------------------------------

you'll always be a part of me, i'm part of you indefinitely. [girl] don't you know you can't escape me, darling, 'cause you'll always be my baby

Saturday mornings meant laying in bed and watching cartoons with her nearly 3-year-old daughter, Hazel. There was nothing Taylor enjoyed more than lazy mornings watching episodes of cartoons from her childhood with her little one. Other than the time she got to spend with her daughter on Saturday mornings, her being off from work was the biggest plus. Thanks to the breakfast items she had stashed away in her nightstand drawers, she didn't even need to get up to get her daughter the breakfast she typically had before she went off to preschool on weekday mornings.

With Hazel wrapped up in her marathon of shows with a muffin and a pack of crackers in hand, Taylor knew it would be fine if she closed her eyes for a few more minutes. She had had a long week and catching up on her sleep was a must as she cuddled her daughter closely.

Almost as soon as her eyes closed, her phone buzzed. She rolled over, grabbed it from the nightstand, and looked at the message she had received. She shook her head, seeing that it was Travis.

'Good Morning, beautiful.'

She messaged him back, quickly, telling him good morning. She dropped her phone and snuggled back into her covers. It didn't take long before her phone buzzed again. She picked it up, seeing a reply back from him. 

'Why do you never call me handsome, Taylor.'

She laughed. He was a mess. He was still her best friend. He was still her protector. She just didn't understand why when they were exclusive to each other things just didn't work out. It was as if they needed to be friends with benefits or each other's side fling for them to be happy with each other. Even when she was staying in his house as just a 'roommate' things between them where fine. But when being his girlfriend was the deal, things went south. 

'Because that is the job of your girlfriend Travis Michael.'

He was in a relationship again, this time he had a son. She had a daughter, and his girlfriend had a son. Was he faithful to his girlfriend? Of course not, because he still wanted to just be with her. But for whatever reason, he couldn't just be alone. He needed someone to fill his home and his bed night after night. 

'You're kind of like my girlfriend.'

Taylor rolled her eyes at his response. 

'I am not. You want your girlfriend to try to attack me again because of the text you sent?'

His new girlfriend wasn't a fan of hers. To Taylor, that was fine. They didn't need to like each other, as long as their kids got along as siblings that was all that mattered. Taylor didn't speak badly about Travis or his girlfriend in front of her daughter, and she hoped that they would do the same if Hazel was at their place. 

'Is Tiger up yet?'

Taylor rolled her eyes. Tiger was the name Travis wanted to name Hazel, but Taylor put a hard stop to it. There was no way she wanted her little girl to walk around being named after an animal. Instead, even though it took some time, they agreed on Hazel. 

'What do you think? Her internal clock starts ringing at about 5:45 every morning. She's been up and eating muffins in my bed for almost an hour and a half now.'