54.3: what the doctor ordered. (m)

continuation of all i want is you and bandages

-----------------------------------

Seeing him coming out into the main area were friends and family were waiting for players, Taylor ran into his arms. "Hey, pretty girl." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. They ensured the kiss was simple, but sweet since his parents, brother, sister-in-law, and a few of Taylor's friends were also standing around with Taylor. "You're my good luck charm." He pecked her lips quickly once more.

"You did so fucking amazing, baby." She told him after their round of kisses, both hands on either side of his face. She kissed him again.

"Thank you, baby." He told her, as they started to walk back over to the rest of his family hand in hand. His eyes went straight to Kylie who was trying her best to hold a smile in. The look on his face told him a lot, but he wanted to hear every thought that was going on in her mind about what he couldn't see going on in the suite from the field.

"Good game man," Jason told Travis, giving him a quick hug, followed by Kylie and his parents.

"All because you guys were here man. Could hear the chaos from the field." Travis laughed. Seeing his brother shirtless jumping from the suite window had to be the funniest thing he had seen all night.

"Hey Trav, who were the kisses and heart hands for?" Kylie asked, teasingly.

"I don't know," Travis responded, making a funny face. Taylor let out a small laugh upon hearing Kylie's question. Tonight was her first time meeting both Kylie and Jason and she had to admit, knowing that fact earlier in the day made her extremely nervous. They were the only members of his immediate family that she had yet to meet in person. She had talked to Jason once or twice over the phone or on FaceTime, and the same with Kylie, but having to share a space with them for 4 hours was a different story.

Taylor wrapped her arms around Travis' waist as they stood there and talked with his family. They were all going different ways after the game, and Travis wanted a bit of time with his brother, sister-in-law, and parents before they parted. His coach already agreed to allow him to stray away from the team, even though he wasn't meant to. He would be flying back to Kansas City with Taylor instead of the team. 

"Trav, can I talk to you for a second?" Kylie asked after a few minutes of talking. "Do you mind if I have him for a second, Tay?" She asked. Taylor shook her head and released Travis so that he and Kylie could walk off for some privacy. 

"What's up?" Travis asked, once they were far enough out of ear shot of the others. 

"I like her." Kylie came out with it immediately, a smile on Travis' face surfaced that looked like it would be almost a smile wide. 

"I knew you would, Ky." Our of everyone in the family, Travis was the most nervous about Kylie meeting Taylor. Kylie was the most honest person he knew, and she could detect bullshit from a mile away. He knew Taylor was the real deal for him, but he always wanted her to be the real deal for his overprotective little sister, who acted more like an older sister at times. 

"Have you ever watched the clips they show on TV when you have a good play or you score?" Travis nodded. "Imagine that, but all game. That girl is in love with you Travis. You know I was skeptical, given her reputation. But seeing her in person? She is in love with you. If you get hit too hard, she panics. You can run 2 yards and she's jumping up and down as if you scored. She is all about you. It's beautiful to watch just her." The whole game Kylie stayed back and watched. She wasn't the biggest fan of attention and being in the spotlight. She was surprised by the amount of people who were turned to look at Taylor the whole game, but somehow, Taylor's focus remained on Travis and not the attention she was receiving. Kylie loved that. She was amazed by how big of a superstar she was, but also how normal she was. How she just wanted to be treated like everyone else, even though that was definitely impossible. "I'm happy for you, Trav. She might be the one."