15.0: reckless behavior. (tw)

TRIGGER WARNING: MILD DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (ARGUMENT AND MENTION OF PAST VIOLENCE)

"I tried to warn you about this...I told you this could happen, but you broke up with me instead," Taylor finally began to let her emotions take over as she referenced a situation that happened years ago. She couldn't believe this was happening. She couldn't believe the little boy she had been calling her son for almost 5 years now could possibly be taken from them because his mother finally decided to sober up. "'He's my son and he's not your concern' is what you said. Anything that happens to him affects more than just you."

"Taylor," Travis said her name calmly, trying his hardest not to lose his temper. He had a bad one, but it was rarely brought out of him these days.

"You didn't think about Kaylee and what losing Jacob would do to her," Taylor told him. Travis tried taking her hands, but she avoided his touch. "You didn't think about me. I was a mother to him before you even could process being a father to him. And you're just going to let her take him." Taylor's mother had her baby sister when she was a teenager, and Taylor found herself taking care of the little one 75% of the time. It was almost as if Kaylee was her own daughter most of the time. When Travis was called and was told he had a son, he was dumbfounded and lost, while she acted quickly to make sure the boy had everything he needed.

"I'm not letting her do anything, Taylor," Travis said raising his voice.

"Travis, Jacob is my son too and I'm not just going to sit around and watch you let her take him away from this family," Taylor exclaimed poking his chest.

"STOP BLAMING ME TAYLOR!" Travis shouted. Taylor was a little taken aback, but not startled enough to stop saying what she needed to. "I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN. DO YOU THINK I WANT HER TO TAKE HIM? DO YOU? I AM TRYING TO DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER AND BEYOND TO PROTECT THIS FAMILY."

"ARE YOU REALLY?" Taylor interrupted yelling just as loudly as him. She could be a feisty person, and she was never scared to back down to people unless it was him. Whenever they got into arguments, she usually let things go fairly quickly, knowing how he could be when he was upset. Of course, he had never hit her, and she believed he never would.

"You know I am," Travis said through his teeth, his tone turning into a low growl.

"ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE NOW HAVE TO GO TO COURT AND FIGHT FOR MY SON." Taylor screamed.

"Our son," Travis corrected.

"WHAT KIND OF FATHER LETS THIS HAPPEN?" Taylor asked, something she would never ask him in any situation, knowing that it was something that could trigger him to a moment in his childhood.

"YOU'VE LOST YOUR DAMN MIND!" Travis stated loudly. "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND UNDERMINE MY PARENTING ABILITY. YOU KNOW I'M A DAMN GOOD FATHER AND I REFUSE TO STAND HERE AND TAKE THIS FROM YOU."

"YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY," She was still strong, no longer caring about his feelings, but before she could say anything else, he spoke again. His volume was way louder than it had been.

"NO! YOU'RE GOING TO SHUT UP AND STOP WITH THIS BULL SHIT," Travis threatened. "I HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN GOOD CARE OF THIS FAMILY. FOR YEARS I HAVE PROVIDED FOR YOU AND OUR KIDS. NOW YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO QUESTION ME?" As he spoke, he inched closer and closer to her and as he did she backed up, finally changing her demeanor. She reverted back to that mild-tempered girl and she was suddenly scared of him. The look in his eyes showed something she had never seen before.

"Travis, you're too close," Taylor whispered realizing she was backed into a corner and Travis was steadily getting closer to her.

"YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THE ATTITUDE AND LET ME HANDLE THIS. YOU UNDERSTAND?" Taylor was frozen with fear. She had never seen Travis this upset. "I said DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" He belted. Taylor turned her head as Travis's hand crashed through the wall. She let out a scream before sliding down the wall. Travis slowly pulled his hand out of the wall as dry wall and strands of Taylor's hair fell to the floor, some staying tangled in his hand. Tears were streaming down her face as she sat there on the floor, shaken with fear. Travis stood there looking at everything. How could he have let this happen. Jacob opened the door and took in the scene.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" Jacob asked as he ran closer to Taylor. "Get away from her," Jacob commanded pushing Travis away. Jacob was protective of Taylor. She was the only mother he knew, and the little 8-year-old would try his hardest to hurt whoever hurt her. Travis looked down at Jacob unable to respond.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" Abigail said making her way into the room with wet hair and clothing, obviously just getting out of the shower once she heard the commotion that was going on. "Did you hit her?" Abigail asked furiously, looking between Taylor and Travis.

He shook his head, his anger suddenly gone. "No. Taylor, I'm sorry," Travis finally said something trying to move closer to Taylor.

"I told you to get away," Jacob repeated for a second time, this time a little louder than before, pushing Travis again.

"Taylor, are you okay?" Taylor didn't respond. She couldn't respond. She wasn't even sure who was speaking to her. She was trying to process what happened. How did they get to this point? She heard voices but didn't know what they were saying. She saw them but didn't know what they were doing.

"Baby, I'm sorry. Abi, you know I wouldn't hit her," Travis said not moving. Abigail looked into Travis's eyes and then around the room.

"I don't know what happened, Travis. I don't know that you didn't hit her."

"You hit my mommy?" Jacob asked Travis looking him dead in the eyes.

"No," Travis answered Jacob staring back into his eyes.

"I don't believe you," Jacob told him. Jacob didn't know what was going on, but it brought him to a bad place. Jacob loved both his parents, but the thought of Travis hitting Taylor made him think of all the men who would hit him and his mother when he was still with her, something that he shouldn't have even experienced when he was barely 3 years old.

"Jacob, I swear," Travis began, but was cut off as Abigail started to speak to Taylor.

"Taylor, come on get up." Abigail said helping Taylor up. "Come on." She coached as her best friend held onto her. "Jacob lets go downstairs. Travis you need to stay here. Calm down and maybe tomorrow we all can talk," she told him as they walked out and Jacob followed close behind them.