2.2: not so impossible.

continuation of series 2 ( 1. and they were roommates. )

"How is it impossible when we don't use condoms and you don't pull out?" Taylor asked, laughing. They had only officially been together about three months, but here they were, in the middle of Walgreens looking at pregnancy tests. 

"It's too good to pull out," Travis said, shrugging his shoulders. "I thought you were on birth control." He whisper-yelled. He couldn't believe this was his life at the moment. Luckily, both of them were settled in their careers, and they were on the verge of moving from their apartment that they had been sharing for about 5 years, to a home. Honestly, the timing wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible either. 

"I forgot to take it some mornings because someone woke up out of their sleep and needed me." She replied back. 

"I dream about you sometimes, and those dreams come with consequences." Taylor playfully pushed him, causing him to laugh.  "Alright, which one of these is supposed to be good?" He asked, directing his attention back on the array of pregnancy test that laid before them. Honestly, she had no idea. 

"I don't know, I've never had a pregnancy scare before." She had been careful with every other man she had been with. Travis just came along, swept her off her feet, and made her forget everything she had ever told herself was a bad idea. 

"I'm sure they all work about the same. Just get one." He picked up one of the pregnancy test. He looked at the back of the box. "This one has the words. So is that good enough?"

"Sure." Taylor shrugged. She really had no idea which one was best. If this one came back negative or positive, she would most likely head to the doctor regardless. She was due for an appointment and if she was pregnant, she was going to have to find a doctor for that anyway. 

"Cool,"  Travis said, putting back a second box he had picked up. "Can't believe you're having my baby."

"You say that as if you're so sure I'm pregnant." She told him, turning to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. 

"Even if you're not pregnant now, we're going to practice until you are." Travis was ready to start a family with her. All the years they spent being roommates really made it easy to move into a relationship with her. The only thing that changed between them was where they slept at night. They no longer had separate rooms. Everything else had remained the same. 

A smile was on his face, as he looked down into her eyes. She was so cute and so small. He kissed her lips and wrapped his around her. She felt so good in his arms. 

"That's how you ended up on this aisle." A stranger's voice said from behind them, causing them to separate. Neither of them could stop themselves from laughing. 

***

Taylor walked into the bedroom with the biggest smile on her face. "Pregnant?" Travis asked, looking at her from the bed. 

"Pregnant!" Travis smiled and Taylor ran to the bed and attacked him with a hug. He kissed the top of her head. 

"I can't believe we're going to have a baby," Travis said. He was excited. He was excited to be a dad. He had always wanted to be a father. He had a great example in his own father. If Ed Kelce could be a great father, he knew he could be. His nieces were finally going to have a little cousin to play with. His parents would finally have another grandchild. 

Taylor rested her head on his chest. How had her life turned to this in a matter of weeks? She went from swiping on Tinder, to being pregnant by the love of her life almost overnight. She was happy. It was the happiest she had been in a long time. Blissful. It was blissful. Becoming a mother in her 20s wasn't exactly on her Bingo card, but she was ok with it. She was okay with it because she knew Travis was going to be there for both her and the baby. She couldn't wait to tell her mom. This baby would be her parents' very first grandchild, and she couldn't wait to see her mom's reaction. Andrea and Scott were awesome parents to her and her brother growing up, so she could not wait to see them with a new little baby in their lives. 

"I know. I can't believe this is my life. I'm so happy." She told him. She made herself comfortable, taking in the moment. "I'm so happy all of this is happening with you."

Travis kissed the top of her head again. "I'm happy too. All of this happened at a perfect time. With the perfect person."

to be continued (part 3 is titled 'one cold night')