68.0: if i ain't got you.

"Hey baby." Travis answered the FaceTime call from Taylor. A smile appeared on his face when she noticed her, dancing, clearly drunk and singing a song rather loudly. She had a drink in her hand and looked like she was having the time of her life. It was nice to see her unwind, even when he wasn't in her presence.

"I had to call you, Trav. You had to see her." Travis could hear Melanie's voice but didn't see the woman's face. It was obvious that they were out and about, somewhere in Melbourne, Australia, enjoying a day off from their shows. 

"SOME PEOPLE WANT IT ALL BUT I DON'T WANT NOTHING AT ALL IF IT AIN'T YOU BABY, IF I AIN'T GOT YOU BABY!" Travis laughed at his girlfriend, singing the words to Alicia Keys' song. "SOME PEOPLE WANT DIAMOND RINGS, SOME JUST WANT EVERYTHING, BUT EVERYTHING MEANS NOTHING IF I AIN'T GOT YOU!" How did he get so lucky to have been the man in her life? She noticed her stop singing and walking over towards the phone, most likely noticing that Melanie was recording her. "Are you recording me?" Taylor asked Melanie, her words a bit slurred. 

"Yeah." Melanie lied, not wanting her to change her behavior because Travis was on the phone. 

"Can you send the video to Trav? The song reminds me of him." Taylor giggled and did a small spin. "Nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing if I ain't got you with me, baby!" She sang, pointing at the phone. She was happy. This was the happiest anyone had seen her in a long time, and it was all because of the man who sat in his bed on the other side of the phone. Anyone in her life knew that when she broke up with her ex, there was a cloud hanging over her head, and no one recognized her. She was so far from herself that they all worried. She somehow was still doing her Eras Tour shows with a smile on her face, but once she left that stage, everything switched. She went from bubbly to dismal. No one could reach her at time. Her mind was soaked in sadness. Until Travis came along.

"I don't have to send it to him because he's watching you," Melanie said with a smile. Taylor's smile only grew wider. 

"Baby?" She questioned as she walked over to her best friend and background singer. Taylor looked at the screen and saw Travis smiling on the other side of the phone. "How long have you been on the phone?" She asked. 

"For the whole song, baby." he told her. She turned the camera around so that she could use the front-facing camera instead of the back. 

"I miss you so much." She slurred. She was a little drunk, but it didn't matter. She knew she was safe with the people she was with. 

"I miss you too; only a few more days," he told her. Seeing her in a few days was all he needed in his life. He missed her like crazy, and he couldn't wait to hold her and cuddle her again. These weeks without her felt like years. But being with someone else with a schedule more suited to his own was out of the question. She was all he needed in his life, and no matter how much time they spent apart, they were both determined to find a way to make it work. "When I get there, I'm going to love on you so much that you are going to want to cancel your shows."

"I can not wait!" She told him, giggling.

a/n: hey, how are you doing? I'm doing a lot of these lately, huh? well just letting yall know that I started yet another book. this time it's Taylor and Blake lively one-shots, just a way to get some of my girl x girl thoughts out whenever I have them. idk why I picked Blake over Selena, but it's there. so if you're interested in that, go check it out. there are already 2 one shots up (they're a series because you know how I am). Also, don't forget about my story made for me; it currently has 30 chapters posted. AND if you want to join a discord of swifties, message me for the link. thank you guys for reading! bye!