19.1: hope you do. (tw)

TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MENTION

inspiration and lyrics: hope you do by chris brown

-------------------------------

when my mind's fucked up, i just don't care at all. i just hope you pick you when it's two or three. [...] s[he] got the keys to my house and my heart, i hope that s[he] save me.

Travis and his girlfriend were in bed, watching a movie when his phone went off. It was almost two in the morning, who the hell was texting him this late? Normally he wouldn't answer. He would make whoever it was wait until morning. But since most of his friends knew he was like that, it had to have been important for them to try to get in touch with him anyway. He picked up his phone and looked at the screen. Seeing a text from her. 

'Travy, can you come get me?'

What the hell?

'Where are you?'

She sent him her location, and his eyebrow raised. Why the hell was she there? Where the hell was her boyfriend?  Instead of continuing to text her, he called her. Placing the phone to his ear, he could hear the soft cries. "Taylor, what the fuck?" He paused, listening to her speak on the other end of the phone. "What the hell you mean he left you there?" By now he was sitting up in his bed, ready to run to her aid. As he was sitting up, he had almost forgotten that his girlfriend was laying comfortably on his chest, as they watched the movie. "I'm on my way." He could tell she was crying and she was drunk. Hopefully, she stayed safe from the time he hung up the phone until the time he got there. He got out of bed and went into his closet, grabbing something quick to put on.

"You jump every time she calls. What is really going on between the two of you?" Travis just slipped on his pants and his shoes. He was tired of these questions. Every time Taylor was in trouble, of course, he went to her rescue. She needed him. After all he was her friend, her best friend. She knew she could depend on him. And if he was in need, she would be there for him. It wasn't his fault her boyfriend could be an absolute piece of shit sometimes. 

"Don't start this shit. You know I'd do the same for your friends if they called needing help." And he would, the problem was, it never happened. Taylor was in distress at least every other week dealing with this so-called man she was with. They would get into it, he would put her out or do something like he had done tonight, and then they would work it out. Was he tired of them being back and forth the way they were? yes. Of course, he was. But that wasn't his relationship, and that wasn't really his business to get in. All he knew was that if she called, and she needed his help, he would help. 

"My friends aren't fucking stupid and in need of a friend to rescue them every other fucking day." This was an ongoing fight. He knew she thought he was sleeping with Taylor, but the truth of the matter was, he wasn't. He wasn't that type of man. He didn't cheat on women, and he prided himself on that. 

"I'm out." He grabbed his keys, and his phone and headed downstairs and out the door. It took him no time to hop in his car and start flying down the street in the direction of Taylor's location. It took him almost 30 minutes to get to the destination. He was in a part of town that neither he nor Taylor would regularly visit. It was sketchy, and only bad things, from his knowledge, happened here. He found her, sitting on the side of the road. He rolled down the window. "Get in."