CHAPTER 17

Prosper

Prosper

I woke up the next day with what happened last night heavy on my mind. I mean I don't want to be a killer but I couldn't sit there and watch Royal get killed but at the same time it felt good.

I don't know what he's doing to me but I'm starting to like and regret it at the same time. Royal wasn't in bed so I got up and headed to the shower to wash up.

The warm water ran down my hair and skin and I srated to wash myself hard and rough. I felt like I had to wash away the evidence from last night.

Evidence? What if the police find out? What if I go to jail? All of these thoughts ran through my head as I finished up in the shower. I had to be washing for about 40 minutes before I got out.

When I stepped out the shower Jewel and Diamond were sitting there with concerened looks on their faces. "Are you ok P?", Jewel spoke up first and asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah I'm just a little shaken up last night that's all.", I said.

"Do you think the police will find out?", I asked lowly as they shook their heads. "Royal is clever with his work.", he hasn't been caught before and I'm sure he won't get caught now.", Diamond said giving me a reassuring smile.

That helped me to calm down a bit as I went into the closet and picked out and outfit to wear. I decided on some ripped jeans with a plain white baby t-shirt. I did my hygeine stuff and wrapped the towel around my head and I saw Pearl sitting there with the blow dryer, oil, and some flat irons.

"They told me you washed your hair so I thought I would style it for you, if that's ok.", she said. "Oh yeah sure, I would really appreciate that.", I said with a smile small and I sat in the chair next to the desk.

She started the blow dryer and ran the brush through it and began to dry my hair. It helped me to relax a bit and I just thought about the days ahead of me. Once she was finished she ran her fingers through my hair after putting a bit of moisturizer on them.

"Your hair is so soft.", she said in a low tone as she moved her fingers around more in my hair. I began relaxing more as I remembered how my mama would do this to me and I felt as if all my problems had gone away just for a little bit.

Flashback

"What's wrong Prosper baby?", my mama asked as she leaned against my room door. I just shook my head and let the tears began to fall. "No something is wrong now tell your mama.", she said and sat next to me on the bed.

I laid my head in her lap and began to let everything out. "I'm such a lame and everybody calls me that. All I do is get good grades and I don't go out and party like Paul and everyone else. Guys don't talk to me but they do everyone else.", I said as I sobbed even harder.

"Prosper baby.", she began as she ran her fingers through my hair calming me down, "You're not like everybody else, you're different and you have a great future ahead of you. Some things you can't do because God has other plans for your life that may not make sense right now.", she said.