CHAPTER 11

Royal

Royal

I sat there an watched him and there was nothing I could do. "Noo! Please stop! Jeff stop!", her screams filled my ears. "No bitch! You wanna play me? I'll show your ass!", he yelled back at her.

I was too small to do anything and that hurt me to the core. Tears rolled down my face as I watched him beat her repeatedly, blood running down her face as she was hunched over trying to escape.

He kicked her in the stomach, not knowing she was pregnant with his child. "P-please Jeff nooo.", she pleaded as he got the oil and poured it all over her body.

He made his way over to me and my eyes met hers. "I love you", she mouthed to me as the tears ran down her face and mixed with the blood. "Get up.", he ordered me.

I stood up and he grabbed my arm and led me down the apartment steps to the outside stairs. "Stay right here.", he ordered me. He made his way back into the apartment.

I waited about 5 minutes hoping she would come down the stairs and that's when I heard the painful screams and I looked up to the third floor and saw flames fill the windows.

"No No!!", my little voice yelled and I pounded the grass with my little fist. "No!No!", I repeated.

"Royal get up.", I heard a voice say. "No leave me alone!", I yelled again. I felt someone push my body. "Royal come one baby get up.", the voice said again.

I opened my eyes and saw Prosper leaning over me with a worried look on her face. "Are you ok?", she asked me. "You were screaming and you're sweating, were you having a bad dream again?" Letting me know she's noticed this happening before.

I just shook my head, "Just go to sleep.", I said and turned over on my side. "Ro-", she tried to say before I cut her off.

"Just got to sleep!", I said louder than I expected and it made her jump. Her face showed some hurt but she laid back down and turned her back to me. I closed my eyes expecting what I just saw to replay again.

"Aight man so what's up with the sales.", I asked my man Wiz. This nigga was smart as hell, he smoked a lot but he knew everything about everything.

"Well everthing is going good so far and we're meeting our monthly goals as usual, but we have other things on our plate.", he told me. I leaned forward on my desk and met his eyes.

"Like what?", he stepped back and let Mijo come forward. "Aight man we've been recieving threats and I think it's from that nigga Trey man.", he said and my jaw automatically clenched.

Trey was that nigga who, him and his guys, beat my ass that day. Ever since then I've never been cool with him and we both even joined in the game around the same time.

He was a few years older than me and he remembered my face, and I see his everytime we have corporate meetings with the other escort businesses. He runs an escort as well but is still involved with guns and gangs.