𝟬𝟲𝟵 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
069 ━━━━ ❛ his sweater and her secret ❜

Sitting in the Great Hall the next morning was a feat of its own

Sitting in the Great Hall the next morning was a feat of its own. Olivia was still covered in cuts and bruises, and everyone was staring at her, whispering amongst their friends, and giving her odd looks when she met their stares. At least the actions were now in good spirit, but that was only because she had won against the dragon in the first task. Everyone wanted to be friends with a winner, but everyone disliked a loser.

The girl who'd rode a dragon and won her first task, the girl who survived the killing curse—that was what she was to them. All she was to them. She was the one who had gotten first place over the famous Harry Potter and great Bulgarian Seeker Viktor Krum. She was the second known person to have lived after being hit with the glowing green light. It was all they saw her as. She didn't mind it, though. She took great pride in being the winner of the first task, not so much in surviving the worst Unforgivable, but she didn't let them know that. And it wasn't as if this behavior towards her was any different than usual—she was used to their looks, whispers, and gossip.

All she did, while she continued eating her food, was ignore them, as usual. She was sitting between Lucas and Pansy. And Draco, Theodore, and Blaise sat across from them. Her brother was reading The Daily Prophet while eating his cereal; she was focused on her book as she ate her breakfast; and Pansy was talking with the boys. Well, more like bickering with them. Their conversation was mere background noise in Olivia's ears while she took in the words on the pages of her book.

Then Lucas suddenly burst out into a fit of coughs, choking on his cereal.

Olivia turned to him quickly, her brows furrowed with concern and a slight confusion as she harshly patted his back with her hand, trying to ease his coughs. "Lucas, are you all right?" she asked, leaning down closer to the table so she could study his face better from how he bent over with each hack into his elbow.

He just nodded rapidly, still coughing, while everyone stared at him. After a moment, he sat up, straightening his spine and clearing his throat. He coughed a few more times, trying to get back to normal before focusing on Olivia. He countered the look of worry that was twisting her features with an almost weary one of his own. He just slid the post he had been reading to her. "You might want to read this."