𝟬𝟱𝟰 𝗍-𝗋-𝗎-𝖼-𝖾

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

BORN TO DIE ╱ DRACO MALFOY
꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
054 ━━━━━━━━━━━ ❛ t-r-u-c-e ❜

Walking into potions class, Olivia hugged her books boredly, not ready to meet Snape's monotone drawl or his dead eyes

Walking into potions class, Olivia hugged her books boredly, not ready to meet Snape's monotone drawl or his dead eyes. Since she hadn't told him a single thing when they had their meeting, she knew the man was going to not let her forget it.

She made her way over to her seat, but before she could sit down, Snape's voice stopped her. "Do not take your seats yet. I have an assignment for you all today that will require a partnership." He paused, letting the muttered cheers sound all around. Olivia just remained quiet, standing up straight again. "Partnerships that will be selected by me."

Everyone around them groaned in annoyance, knowing that the professor despised them all and would choose the worst possible partners. Snape didn't seem to mind the annoyance; in fact, Olivia believed he reveled in it. It was his source of power, she supposed.

Walking away from her seat, she went to stand with her friends. She crossed her arms over her chest, holding onto her books, as she stopped next to Theodore. Students continued to pile into the classroom, muttering confusion when they noticed everyone still standing. Snape just remained quiet.

But finally, when the bell signaled the beginning of the lesson, the professor faced them, holding a roll of parchment in his hands. "Today you and a partner will brew the antidote to uncommon poisons." Snape took a step closer to them. "You should have gathered the ingredients as your homework assignment," the man reminded the students.

Some students muttered curses under their breaths, probably having forgotten the assignment that had been given; others just did not want to be there.

"Why must we work with a partner?" asked Olivia, sighing.

She would do much better on her own, as always.

Snape ignored the whispers of the students around him and focused on Olivia. "Because I've said so," he replied.