𝟬𝟱𝟭 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖽

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
051 ━━━━━━━ ❛ nothing happened ❜

The next morning, as she walked through the doors of the Great Hall a little later than normally, Olivia knew it was a safe bet that the interaction between she and Higgs had spread like wildfire amongst her schoolmates

The next morning, as she walked through the doors of the Great Hall a little later than normally, Olivia knew it was a safe bet that the interaction between she and Higgs had spread like wildfire amongst her schoolmates. She'd be stupid to think otherwise. And she was sure the words had been twisted around into a false narrative—that she was indeed obsessed with Draco, and it wasn't just speculation.

She inhaled deeply before she lifted her chin and walked along the length of the Slytherin table with her head held high. Whispers and mutters of teasing names followed her past groups of Slytherins, all eyeing her. They weren't going to get to her because they simply did not matter.

"Oh, look here, everyone. It's Malfoy's swoon bird," a random Slytherin called out as Olivia passed by him, causing the ones around him to laugh like he was the most comical person in the entirety of the world.

Olivia ignored the tease, knowing that he could've come up with something more creative than "swoon bird." What was a swoon bird anyway? She focused on her group, who were all staring at her worriedly. She knew what they were thinking. People always thought they'd get away with crossing Olivia because there was a wool-covering blanket over their eyes that made them think she'd do nothing. She'd been warned multiple times to behave herself, and she had, for the most part; maybe that was why some viewed her as weak.

Perhaps she needed to do something to change that.

As she sat down between Pansy and Theodore (who had Daphne to his right), she faced Draco, Blaise, and Lucas. Everyone focused on her while there were a few snickers from other thought-they-were-hilarious Slytherins around.

"What's going on?" Pansy asked her with furrowed brows, sounding and looking extremely concerned. She bit her lip as she nervously looked around, narrowing her eyes whenever someone was staring at her or Olivia, and then she focused back on her best friend. "Why is everyone laughing at you and calling you names?"