𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌, 𝗉𝗂𝗑𝗂𝖾𝗌, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗌

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
023 ━━━ ❛ mandrakes, pixies, and stars ❜

"Morning, everyone," Professor Sprout greeted as she walked into the greenhouse

"Morning, everyone," Professor Sprout greeted as she walked into the greenhouse. The chatter of the students covered up her words, so she tapped on the side of a plant pot to catch their attention. "Good morning, everyone," she repeated a little louder.

Everyone quickly turned to her, replying, "Good morning, Professor Sprout."

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years," she beamed, her voice filled with amusement as she looked at each student. She waved her hands, gesturing for them to move closer. "Now, gather around, everyone," she instructed. They all listened and stepped forward. "Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes," the professor explained, turning to grab a plant from behind her. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" She faced them again, placing the plant down in front of her.

Olivia's hand shot up... but so did Granger's. In fact, they were the only ones with their hands raised.

Olivia rolled her eyes as the professor called on the bushy-haired girl just a few students down from her. "Yes, Miss Granger?" Sprout asked, pointing at the girl.

Granger let out a breath, happy to be picked. "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state," she answered matter-of-factly. Professor Sprout nodded, waiting for the girl to continue. "It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent!" the pointy-hat-wearing professor praised. "Ten points to Gryffindor." She shot a glance over to Potter and Weasley.

Some blimey idiot, who Olivia believed was named Finnigan, muttered, "We all know who's not going to be happy about that one," to Longbottom, who stood next to him. Both boys chuckled under their breath as Olivia shot them a look from across the table. They quickly went quiet as the professor continued.

"Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings," Sprout continued as Olivia refocused on her, "their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection." She paused, looking around at each student. "So could you please put them on right away? Quickly."