𝟬𝟬𝟱 𝗆𝖺𝗀𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗂𝗀𝗒

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
005 ━━━━━━━ ❛ magical prodigy ❜

 © -lostgardens005 ━━━━━━━ ❛ magical prodigy ❜

Olivia sat there beside Malfoy and Theodore. Flitwick stood on a rather tall book that sat on a rather large stool, which contrasted against his rather short body. That was his way of ensuring that the class could see him and that he could see them.

She was bored out of her mind as the professor went on and on, but her posture remained straight as a pole, and her focus was on the man talking. She loved learning about magic and spells, but relearning was entirely mind-numbing.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly," the professor explained, looking between each face, his wand between his pointer finger and thumb. "Uh, do you all have your feathers?" he asked.

Twirling her feather between her fingers, Olivia sighed. Her back was beginning to hurt from the tensed posture, and she slightly slouched, not really caring anymore.

"Good," he praised. "Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm." He paused, glancing at each face once more. "The swish and flick." He waved his wand around, demonstrating the movements.

Olivia couldn't understand how the professor was so energetic and chipper. And not just because of how early it was—though that did add to her confusion. She watched him with bored eyes, sitting back up. She hadn't gotten a lick of sleep the prior night, and she felt as if she were going to pass out from exhaustion.

"Everyone," Flitwick said, gesturing for the students to repeat his words.

Everyone, including Olivia, raised their wands. "The swish and flick," they all muttered, copying his movements. Olivia set her wand back down, ran her hands over her eyes, and then focused back on the professor.

"Good," the man continued in his aging voice. "And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa." He scanned the room once more, making sure everyone was paying attention. "Off you go then."