𝟬𝟬𝟲 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
006 ━━━━━━━━ ❛ chess mistress ❜

"Oh, you bloody fool!" was all Olivia heard as she walked down the stairs and into the common room

Students were scattered around the room, chatting and talking with their friends, but Olivia's focus was solely on her group. They sat around a round table, watching Blaise and Theodore play what seemed to be wizard's chess.

"You're the bloody fool," Blaise shot back at the brunette boy sitting across from him.

As Olivia approached them, her eyes found their way to the chessboard. Studying it, she determined which moves each boy had to make to win. She wondered if they knew the moves they had to make.

Neither boy looked at her as she sat down, but Theodore smirked and said, "Olivia, you can play whoever wins, which will be me, obviously."

"Rubbish," Blaise scoffed. "I'll be the one to win, and after that, Olivia, you can play me," he added, shooting a short glance at the girl. "That is, unless you think you'll lose like Nott here." He chuckled as she narrowed her eyes at him.

He wasn't looking at her anymore, focusing on the game at hand. She hid her amusement behind a flat expression and shrugged. "I've never played wizard's chess before," she lied.

Watching the boys' jaws drop was pleasing to Olivia's eyes, but she didn't let it show on her face. Pansy and Daphne were staring at her with furrowed brows, and Malfoy was staring at her with curiosity. Crabbe and Goyle sat off to the side, not paying any mind to the situation.

"That's like saying you would use an Unforgivable on a Hufflepuff—wrong in so many ways but also slightly laughable," Theodore gaped, his eyes wide in surprise.

"Not ever playing wizard's chess should be a crime," Blaise added.

Olivia's expression didn't falter as she shrugged. "I've just never got around to it," she admitted, though it wasn't true. "I've always planned to play at least once but just never found the time."