𝗕𝗢𝗥𝗡 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗜𝗘

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
❛ cause  you  and  i,  we  were  born  to  die. ❜

Olivia Mallard was somewhat of a mystery. She was known around the Wizarding World, but was she really? No one knew the true Olivia Mallard; they only knew the tales that they had heard from the gossipers around them. Though some—but only some—of those "rumors" were true, neither Olivia nor anyone else who wanted to see the light of day would ever confirm them.

She was something scary—or rather, her eyes were scary. Something in her eyes made people squirm in fear; her pale-green gaze was soulless, cold, and dark, which sent the kids around her running for the hills, giving her a sense of enjoyment but also disappointment in the fact that she didn't have any friends.

Lucas, her younger brother, was the only one who never ran from her. In fact, he ran towards her—he was her one and only friend. She had practically raised him, seeing as though their parents were always away on "business trips" or some other undisclosed trips that they didn't take their children on.

She was the only parent he knew, so when she finally went to Hogwarts, it was hard for him. But it was like a breath of fresh air to Olivia, like she was in an empty field full of flowers, running as the sun shone down on her.

Slytherin was her house, and that's where she met her best—and life-long—friends, including one particular blonde boy, who in fact did not start off as a friend, despite his attempts.

Draco Malfoy was a lonely boy. He had no siblings, and like Olivia's parents, his parents were always too preoccupied with work and other responsibilities to spend time with him, much less raise him. House elves were his caretakers for most of his life. His mother, however, was better than his father in the sense that she tried to be a slightly better parent.

The words "feelings and emotions make you weak" were drilled into his head from a young age. His father lectured that people would take advantage of you if you weren't a cold-hearted monster (his words, not mine).

Draco learned to isolate himself—to hide his emotions and feelings from everyone and everything. That is, until he encountered Olivia Mallard, with her soulless eyes that made him smile and her devilish smile that made him swoon.

Draco and Olivia were always attracted to each other—well, "always" for the most part. It started out as a simple school crush—nothing too serious—but as they grew older, it evolved into something much more—something more powerful and passionate.