𝟬𝟲𝟴 𝖿𝖾𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖾𝗀𝗀

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
068 ━━━━━ ❛ fetch that golden egg ❜

 © -lostgardens068 ━━━━━ ❛ fetch that golden egg ❜

It was finally the day. The day Olivia went up against a dragon and won or went up against a dragon and died. Was she nervous? You bet Merlin's beard she was. After finding out what her first task was and talking with Draco because of his ferret incident, she went to the library and began searching every shelf for every book on dragons, only stopping one day to spend her birthday with her friends like she did every year. Yes, she was now fifteen. No matter the species of dragon or the author of the books, she read as much as she could, not knowing exactly what she was going to face.

An advantage that she had was that she'd already known a great deal about dragons since they were a topic of interest for her, but still, she was glad to have doubled up on her studies of them. She'd also used one of her weekly meetings with Snape to talk about everything. He'd explained to her the competition she had—Fleur, Diggory, Krum, and Potter—and what the tournament would be like. And luckily, they were allowed to use wands.

At least they had given her (and the others) that much.

The task she was facing that day was not only to go against a dragon, but she also had to get an egg from it. She had to somehow steal an egg from a dragon. Not an actual dragon egg, but one that looked much like it, she believed. Which meant that the territorial and quite large creature she was soon going to face would be just as protective of it as if it were its own.

She was just outside the champions' tent, on her way to enter, when someone behind her called her name. She swiftly turned around, curious if it were Snape coming to give her some last-minute pointers or perhaps even a good luck wish. Her eyes, however, did not land on the professor with shoulder-length black hair and dark, somewhat beady eyes, but instead, blinding white blonde hair and cloudy gray eyes.

Draco smiled at her; it wasn't the bright smile that she liked, but it was soft and worked well enough, she supposed. He was walking towards her, only about ten feet away from her. And when he stopped in front of her, looking down into her eyes, his face brightened just the slightest. "I just wanted to wish you luck," he said. Then he leaned down and placed a small kiss on her cheek, like she had done a few times to him.