𝟬𝟭𝟰 𝗐𝗁𝗒 𝗆𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗉?

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
014 ━━━━━━ ❛ why must we shop? ❜

Christmas was just a few nights away, and Olivia still hadn't gotten anything for her friends

Christmas was just a few nights away, and Olivia still hadn't gotten anything for her friends. She knew she needed to, but she didn't feel like it. Shopping was not her favorite thing; she could only tolerate it if it was for books.

"Lucas, why must we shop?" Olivia huffed as her brother dragged her into Hogsmeade.

Her brother's small hand was around her wrist, and he had a bag crossed over his body. They were both dressed in their winter clothes, like they had been when they went sledding. And had a bored look on his face that contrasted with his rather happy one.

"Because Christmas is soon and you need to get presents for your friends," he explained for what felt like the millionth time, glancing back at her only to see her roll her eyes. "What do they like?" he asked, ignoring her disdain.

"I don't know," she sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "Bloody hell, Lucas, I've only known them for a couple of months; how am I supposed to know that?" She groaned, trying to keep up with his quick pace as he weaved his way through passing wizards and witches.

"They knew what you'd want for your birthday, right?" He came to a stop, almost causing her to run into his back, and looked at her.

She gave him a short nod, humming, already knowing where he was going with this. She shifted her weight between her shoes as she watched him curiously.

"If it only took them a couple of months to figure out what you'd like and want, then it shouldn't be hard for you to do the same." He sent her a small smile, clutching the strap of his bag that was crossed across his front.

Sighing, she looked around. The sun was bright up ahead, causing her to squint her eyes. There were people packed all throughout the town, probably shopping for gifts like they were, and the cold bit at their skin, sending shivers down her spine.

She could feel him staring at her, waiting for her to say something.

"I guess," she muttered, meeting his eye once more.