𝟬𝟲𝟰 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
064 ━━━━━━━ ❛ the goblet of fire ❜

 © -lostgardens064 ━━━━━━━ ❛ the goblet of fire ❜

"Alastor Moody." That was how the Auror-turned-Professor started his very first Defense Against the Dark Arts class. He turned around so that his back was to the students. "Ex Auror..." He wrote his last name on the board. "Ministry malcontent..." He tossed the chalk onto his desk as he faced the peering eyes once more. "...and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." He took a step forward. "I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end." Olivia rubbed her temples as his voice grew louder at the end. Then he took in a breath and grew quiet, returning to normal volume. "Any questions?"

The students remained silent as they just blankly stared at the man.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts... I believe in a practical approach," he continued, since no one had anything to ask him or simply nothing they had the courage to say. "But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" This question caused Olivia to lift her head, giving the man a curious look.

"Three, sir," Granger answered.

"And they are so named?" The professor faced the chalkboard, beginning to aggressively write something.

"Because they are unforgivable." The curly-haired Gryffindor, who sat at the table beside Olivia, seemed to struggle with her words, and the green-eyed girl focused on her. She watched Granger swallow the lump in her throat. "The use of any one of them will—"

"—will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct," Moody finished for her, practically growling his words as he continued to write. Then he swiftly looked at the students once more, and Olivia could see that it wrote three—the number circled—unforgivables. "Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do." Olivia didn't need to see; she'd experienced one of them already, though it didn't fully work for reasons still unknown. "I say different!" His voice grew loud again. "You need to know what you're up against!" He turned his back on them. "You need to be prepared." He paused for a short moment. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"