𝟬𝟯𝟭 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

BORN TO DIE ╱ DRACO MALFOY
꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
031 ━━━━━━━━ ❛ the willow tree ❜

It had been a few days since Olivia's little bout with the infection, and she'd done everything to forget it

It had been a few days since Olivia's little bout with the infection, and she'd done everything to forget it. It wasn't that big of a deal, but she still had to fight her friends and Pomfrey over the idea of bedrest—she ended up winning in the end. Snape had been quiet about the whole thing and even got Matron to agree, only talking to Dumbledore about it. That had confused Olivia, but she never pondered it too long.

Her mind was on something else.

Her brother, Lucas, the one she had practically raised, was keeping secrets from her, and she'd be lying if she said that it didn't hurt a little. They never kept secrets from one another, so why was he now? Despite the hurt, she hadn't dared to ask him about it—it would only lead to disaster, and she wasn't sure she was ready for that.

One thing keeping her somewhat distracted from her thoughts was the fact that everyone in the bloody school was talking about her. Well, they always talked about her—to her face, behind her back, in her presence, even when they thought they were out of earshot—but now it was worse. The idea that she was some kind of dark witch was even stronger now that she'd almost died twice, coughed up heaps of black blood, and was back on her feet a mere night's rest later. They thought that she was something unholy. And, to be frank, they were completely wrong.

But she was not a dark witch (in the way everyone thought) at all.

"Everyone is staring at you, Olivia," Theodore whispered, looking around the room and glaring at anyone who sent him a judgy look for sitting with Olivia. He was stating the obvious, and he knew that, but he still believed it should've been addressed.

They were in the study hall, doing their homework—this was something they did once a week. Most of the time, students were allowed to do their work whenever (not past the due date) and wherever (on the school grounds) they wanted. Olivia hated the study hall and had opted to stay in the common room to do her work (she did her best thinking there), but Pansy dragged her out, kicking and screaming.