𝟬𝟰𝟳 𝗆𝗎𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗋 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗌𝗍𝗅𝖾

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
047 ━━━━━ ❛ murderer in the castle ❜

 © -lostgardens047 ━━━━━ ❛ murderer in the castle ❜

Olivia hated it. Lying on the cold stone floor of the Great Hall and trying to fall asleep but not being able to. She hated it with her whole soul. Dumbledore's "emergency meeting," as Blaise had put it, was, in fact, just to tell everyone that the school was locked down in order to keep them safe and that they had to sleep in the Great Hall because of Sirius Black's unconfirmed (besides the Fat Lady's word) appearance in the castle.

There was a murderer in the castle, and yet that wasn't the thing that was on Olivia's mind.

She lied there with Pansy to her right and Lucas to her left. Beside her brother were Draco and Theodore, and beside Pansy were Daphne and Blaise. Crabbe and Goyle were somewhere in the room, though Olivia didn't know where. She never knew where those two were running off.

The full moon was out, bright, and partly blocked by clouds. The Great Hall was eerily silent since everyone else was sound asleep. And she was sure that dementors haunted the sky. But once again, that wasn't what was on her mind.

She couldn't sleep.

She couldn't sleep because the floor was terribly uncomfortable due to its stark coldness, its hardness from being stone, and the fact that she was concerned about falling asleep and having a nightmare with all of these people around her to witness. She didn't know what she'd do if they figured out that she had nightmares. It wasn't any of their business. She didn't share it with anyone, and she wasn't even sure if Pansy and Daphne were aware of what rattled her mind with every rising of the moon.

And... well, she didn't have Mr. Snake with her.

There! She finally admitted it to herself.

Olivia felt like rolling her eyes because of her thoughts. Mr. Snake was just a bear. A bear that she'd had since she was a mere child, one that her father had gifted her on the few occasions he actually acknowledged her as his offspring, and one that she couldn't fall asleep without. Yeah, he was just a bear. A meaningless, stuffed, not-that-important-to-her bear.