𝟬𝟮𝟮 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝗈𝗀𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

BORN TO DIE ╱ DRACO MALFOY
꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
022 ━━━━━━━ ❛ back to hogwarts ❜

 © -lostgardens022 ━━━━━━━ ❛ back to hogwarts ❜

Olivia awoke bright and early, per usual. Everything was as it always was—she was covered in sweat, her breathing was heavy, and she was so shot with nerves that she couldn't fall back asleep. Just the average four in the morning wake-up for her.

So with that, she sat in her room, packing away her things, preparing to go back to Hogwarts for her second round of school. It was just like before. She packed her clothes, school essentials, many of her books, including the one Daphne had gifted her for her birthday that she'd read front to back three times over and was planning on repeating, and everything else she'd need, leaving her bath essentials for later seeing as she wanted to take a shower.

Then she prepared all of Tommy's things, which was an act different from the first time around. And finally, she sat at her desk, bored as ever, waiting for the sun to rise and the morning to begin for the manor.

She had been tasked—or rather, she tasked herself—with waking up Lucas. She didn't know which of them was more excited about his departure to Hogwarts. He was full of nerves; that was normal, but she could sense the lingering happiness of finally being able to break away from the ties of the manor for a couple months at a time.

She was full-on excited and filled with joy for the boy she practically raised alongside two house elves. He was growing up before her eyes, and that did peg sadness at her dark heart, but she knew it was inevitable. He was going to be little Luke forever, and she knew that.

Still, she was going to prolong his growing up for as long as he'd let her. She never wanted him to lose his spark. And she'd be damned if anyone tried to dim it before her eyes.

The sun had finally risen. There were still hours until they had to be at the platform, but Olivia couldn't hold off any longer from waking up her brother. The manor had finally awoken as she exited her room. The portraits hung on the walls, staring at her, some mustering yawns while others sent her sleepy smiles as she passed them.