𝟬𝟭𝟳 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗍

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

BORN TO DIE    ╱ DRACO MALFOY
꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ .  written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
017 ━━━━━━ ❛ the forbidden forest ❜

It was the next night, and Olivia hadn't cursed Malfoy like she so wanted to because, even if she had, she would still have detention—and if she had to suffer, he had to, too

It was the next night, and Olivia hadn't cursed Malfoy like she so wanted to because, even if she had, she would still have detention—and if she had to suffer, he had to, too. And cursing a student was a fast-track way of getting more detention, so it was a lose-lose situation either way.

Filch guided them out of the castle, hoding his lanturn. "A pity they let the old punishments die," he began as Olivia, Malfoy, and the trio followed him. "There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons," he admitted, looking around the grounds. "God, I miss the screaming."

"I thought about doing that to Malfoy," Olivia muttered, trying to contain her smirk. Malfoy's head wiped to his left, looking at her with wide eyes as the trio to her left snickered under their breath. Filch didn't pay her any mind and continued walking.

Finally, after what felt like years of walking, they made it to the scene of the crime—Hagrid's hut.

The keeper exited his home, holding a lantern of his own, as Flich glanced back at them and sneered. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest," the caretaker, who was far from his title in Olivia's opinion, explained. When they came to a stop next to the bearded man, the nasty-looking one said, "A sorry lot this, Hagrid," side-glancing the five students.

Hagrid just inhaled deeply, as if he were sad.

"Oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch inquired, his tone void of sympathy.

What a pity—he lost the dragon, Olivia thought.

Hagrid sniffled in response, adjusting the crossbow he held in his hands. "Norbert's gone," he began, his shaky voice sounding as if he were holding in a sob. "Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony," he explained, meeting the eyes of the old man.