𝟬𝟭𝟯 𝗌𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗒 𝗌𝗅𝖾𝖽𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝖾𝗌

BORN TO DIE    ╱    DRACO MALFOY꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by ella . . . © -lostgardens
013 ━━ ❛ snowy sleds and fresh cookies ❜

The past couple of days had been nothing but quiet and calm for the Mallard siblings

The past couple of days had been nothing but quiet and calm for the Mallard siblings. They've lounged around not doing much of anything—Olivia endlessly reading and Lucas sketching and painting. They had dinner together every night since she'd returned—sitting in the sitting room instead of in the dining hall like they would if their parents were there.

The silence has been nice for Olivia, but also strange in a way. She was used to the chaos of Hogwarts and, more specifically, the Slytherin common room. There was always something going on there; silence was rare.

It was nice because she could actually hear her thoughts and read without being interrupted by the boys rambling or disagreement that they wanted her opinion on, but she also couldn't help but—dare it be said—miss those moments.

The manor was too quiet. Lucas was too quiet. She was too quiet. And she didn't have any clue as to how to change that. All of the ideas she had lasted no longer than an hour at most, and she was running out of ideas.

She had two weeks short of three days left at the manor—left of the silence—and she needed something to occupy it. Hogsmeade was an option, but she hated shopping with a burning passion unless it was for books, so that was an immediate no. Though she was sure Lucas was going to force her there so that she could get her friends gifts before Christmas,

Her next thought was to practice some wandless magic with her brother, but she realized that he might find that boring and entirely Olivia—practicing magic when on break. She would've found it fun, but she wanted him to enjoy it as well.

Then the memories of her friends and Malfoy making her try so many new things over the past months came flooding back to her, and she realized just how much more she had done than Lucas. And that was when an idea that she thought was brilliant came to mind.

Snow sledding—that was her idea.

Despite it being a normal thing to do, she and her brother had yet to do it. When the thought came to her, she was sure she was wrong, but then again, she was never wrong. The idea of never going sledding was preposterous to the outside eye, but thinking about how they were raised, Olivia sighed in realization that it was entirely normal for them.