"I've everything for a nice trip!" Esme said, hoping to cheer the two females up while being on edge herself. "Serena, here's a soda. The sugar will help."

"Thanks, mom..." Serena said with a tiny smile.

"It'll be alright, sweety," Esme said reassuringly, "The boys will stop this James. Until then, Rose and I will keep you safe."

Rosalie hoped it would be the case as she sped away in the car. Their first stop; the airport. After that, Rosalie is going home. One place that even the Cullens did not know about. Even Edward didn't know which was a pain to do.

It was the most tense drive Rosalie ever had to the airport. She was constantly on edge which didn't help the other two females that were with her. Serena was being distracted by Esme to the best of the Matriarch's abilities. It was enough to make Serena hold in her questions. Rosalie would do anything and would explain everything in time. But at this moment she was willing to hide things if it meant James would not find them.

"Rosalie?" Serena asked softly as if not to touch on anything touchy.

"Yes, love?" Rosalie asked as her eyes hardly remained still.

She peered into the dark forest around the road. The thick dark trees obscured too much for her liking. She knew it would be very hard to sneak up on her, even with Alice watching her. The pixie sister would be doing it, she would get in touch with her if something was about to happen. While it helped in not falling into utter proactive mode, it wasn't like Rosalie was anywhere close to being calm.

"Could you put on the radio? I'd like to, ehm, have something to distract my mind," she asked with Esme holding an arm around Serena.

"Sure, music?" Rosalie asked as one hand reached for the radio.

Serena nodded while muttering a yes. The car was soon filled with the music of a random station. No one really complained or said anything about the random music. The mix between old and new, between ugly rap and excellent jazz. Honestly, Rose could not stand modern music. Too bland and simple. But if Serena wished to hear it, so be it.

Their trip continued onward. The two vampires scanned the surroundings, trying to pick up anything dangerous while Rose drove to the airport. Rosalie didn't like it as she drove through the forest. It always felt like something was watching her but she never saw anything. Her ears never picked up on anything. While it sounds good, she never felt at ease. As if hearing and seeing nothing was wrong.

"Esme, do you hear or see anything?" Rosalie asked under human hearing. The other vampire looked up and scanned her surroundings. Not for the first time, but she had to split her attention between Serena and looking around. Rosalie didn't blame the woman. She was actually glad Serena was distracted from thoughts that could worry her even more.

"No, I don't-" Esme stopped talking and threw herself around Serena like a shield. It happened suddenly and too quickly. Even the message from Alice that popped onto the screen did not warn them fast enough. Rosalie saw a thick iron rod zoom through the air hitting the front wheels.

In an instant, the car swirled uncontrollably before skittering and eventually tumbling down the road. Rosalie held herself firmly in place by holding the sides. Her eyes locked on Serena who was held in place by Esme, being shielding from stray glass and harmful materials. For minutes they held on until it came to a stop by impacting a thick sturdy tree.

"Serena!? Tell me you're okay!" Rosalie said immediately, bending the metal frame of the car to get to her human.

"Y-yes! Some bruises, I think..." Serena answered as took a shaky deep breath, holding herself tightly like she going to retreat into her mind. "Tell me it's over..." Serena whimpered a little.