Chapter 46: To the rescue

Eugene's POV

It's been two days and Jack was totally silent. Elsa already told all of us his problem and we have done everything we could to cheer Jack up. But it seems that nothing is working at the moment. Makes sense, you can't cheer a person like Jack who's facing this kind of a situation that fast.

"Oh come on, what are we gonna do?!" Hiccup said, frustrated.

"I don't think there's anything we can do." Punzie sighed. "Just look at him! He's totally a statue."

"I suggest we let time do its job." Merida stated.

"But it's heartbreaking seeing Jack like this." Elsa cut in.

"We know, we know, as Jack's girlfriend, you get affected more." I told her.

"We gotta think of something, two days already seem like two weeks!" Punzie snapped.

"Punzie, we have thought of everything already!" Hiccup argued.

Jack suddenly appeared, still with no expression on his face. "Hey Jack." I desperately tried to lighten things up. Jack passed by without saying a word. Did he even hear me?! "Code red! Code red!" Punzie whispered.

"Elsa, why don't you give it a try? After all, Jack is always happy when you're around." Merida asked.

"Merida, I have already done that for the past two days and it didn't work." Elsa crossed her arms and sighed.

"Why, why must Jack face this?!" Punzie wailed. "No one has ever seen him this miserable!"

"It's all his father's fault! If he didn't prevent us from meeting him, none of this would have happened!" I said.

"I will still never understand why he did that." Hiccup stated.

"Well on the bright side, he didn't move Jack to another school." Elsa said softly.

"True, but still!" Merida shouted.

We walked to our next class and I hurriedly sat beside Jack and Hiccup sat next to me. Elsa wasn't in this class so, looks like we have to be in charge. "Are you ok Jack?" I desperately tried to start a conversation. Jack looked at me and looked back at his books.

Hiccup gave me a nudge."Eugene, seriously?! What a way to start a conversation."

"I just thought of whatever that came into my mind!" I whispered back to him.

After endless amount of times trying to talk to Jack, I gave up. This was pointless.

*Time skip*

Me and Hiccup followed Jack from behind as we walked along the hallways. "You're the genius, got any ideas?" I turned to Hiccup. "Beats me." Hiccup shrugged. Something, or someone, bumped into Jack. Both of us walked closer and it was someone with really messy hair, messed up clothes, and quite a horrifying face.

"Who is that guy?" I questioned.

"Someone who looked like he just had a hangover." Hiccup replied.

I went to Jack. "You ok, buddy?" Jack slowly nodded. I noticed the guy had golden colour eyes. Wait a minute, it's Pitch, isn't it?! Wow, he doesn't look like himself today. "Pitch?" Jack blurted out.

"Ah, Ja-Jack Fr-Frost." Pitch shuddered. Yeah, he really looks like he's having a hangover.

"What. Are. You. Doing." Hiccup said sternly.

"Ain't it obvious enough? I'm drinking." Pitch said.

"You look like a ghost." I giggled.

Pitch grabbed hold of me tight. "Shut. Up." He warned me.

"Whatever, now leave us alone." Hiccup crossed his arms.

Pitch squeezed my arm tighter, it's really hurts. I was all ready to punch him but I waited for the situation. "Li... Listen to me Jack Frost, yo-you, will..."

Jack kicked Pitch in the stomach, releasing Pitch's grip on my hand too. "Listen here, when I am in a bad mood, do not find trouble with me." Jack went closer to Pitch. "Got it?!" He created some ice on his hand, aiming it at Pitch. Hiccup immediately sprang into action and covered up his hand. "School here, remember." He said.

Jack aimed another kick at Pitch and walked off in frustration. I caught up with him and patted him on the back. "Good going, Jack."

Jack smiled at me." Thanks."

"Ah, you have finally talked!" I proudly said.

"I'm feeling better now." Jack giggled.

"Looks like all we needed was your arch enemy to make you happier." Hiccup joked.

"Cut it the jokes." Jack gave him a friendly punch. "So, where's Elsa?"

"All right, our Jack is back to normal now!" I wrapped my arm around Jack.

"I think she's with the girls." Hiccup replied.

"I wanna go see her." Jack paced forward.

"Looks like it was, Pitch to the rescue!" Hiccup joked and I laughed along with him.

Yes! I yelled in my mind. Thank goodness Jack is much better now. Who knew what it took for Jack to be ok again was Pitch? Never did I know that throwing anger on someone else was a solution. Hiccup gave me a thumbs up sign and smiled. The girls are in for a surprise!

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!