Chapter 40: So long, farewell

Third person POV

"Nurul Farhani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee, I have something for you." The principal handed a letter to each of them.

They opened the letters and looked at it. "Oh....." Hani sighed.

"It's time?" See Yew Soon asked.

"Wait, what?!" Mazlee looked at his letter in confusion.

"Am I seeing what I'm seeing?!" Anusha exclaimed.

"You may go now." The principal said and Hani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee went out.

Along the hallways they walked, talking and whispering to each other. "Eh, betul ke kita kena balik hari ini?!" Mazlee asked aloud.

"I think so, oh wait, yeah, we have to Mazlee." Anusha replied.

"I tak mahu balik cepat sangat!" Hani wailed.

"Berapa lama kita di sini?" SYS took out a calendar from his bag. "Dua minggu sahaja?!"

"Two?!" Anusha exclaimed.

Elsa, Jack, Merida, Hiccup, Eugene and Rapunzel were already waiting for them at the corridors. "So, why did the principal want to see you? School is already done today!" Jack said.

"What's that?" Eugene pointed to the letter See Yew Soon was holding.

"Actually....." Hani started.

"Today is our last day here." Mazlee sighed.

"HUH?!" Rapunzel exclaimed.

"What?!" Merida said loudly.

"So fast?!" Elsa shouted.

"You're leaving?!" Eugene asked.

"He gave us this." See Yew Soon handed the letter to Jack.

"Today's the last day we will be here." Anusha sadly said.

"Why?! You're leaving so fast ,why?!" Rapunzel threw Anusha a hug.

A little tear trickled down Hani's cheek. "I guess we have to go....."

"Come on, we have to pack up." Mazlee sighed.

"When are you leaving?" Elsa asked.

"In an hour." See Yew Soon replied.

Rapunzel, Merida and Elsa helped Hani and Anusha to pack up. "I'm gonna miss you all." Anusha forced a smile.

"Me too." Rapunzel, Merida and Elsa said at the same time.

Merida took out her phone. "Let's take one final picture?" She begged. The girls sat together and smiled. Behind those smiles were sadness.

Jack, Eugene and Hiccup helped Mazlee and See Yew Soon. "I'm gonna miss you guys." Mazlee said softly.

"Me too." Jack, Eugene and Hiccup said at the same time.

"Let's take a picture." Jack sighed as he took out his phone. The boys sat together and each of them forced a smile.

*Time skip*

The girls and boys met outside. "Do you really have to go so soon?" Punzie asked.

"Well, I guess so. Our exchange student program has ended." Hani sighed.

"It's only been two weeks!" Hiccup said.

"Two weeks was already enough to create a memory of a lifetime." See Yew Soon stated.

"Keep in touch with us, ok?" Elsa handed them a piece of paper. "It has our phone numbers, online usernames, everything."

"We will." Mazlee smiled.

"Skype us or something when you reach there, ok?" Jack sighed.

"Yes, we will." Anusha wiped her tear.

Everyone hugged each other and were in tears. "Don't forget us." Merida said.

"We wouldn't." Hani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee said in unison.

"Why do you have to leave so soon?!" Rapunzel burst into tears.

"That's the same question we asked." Mazlee sighed.

Eugene comforted Rapunzel and smiled weakly at the rest. Deep down, everyone was feeling bad.

"Hani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee?" A voice came, revealing it to be the principal. "Your transport is waiting."

Everyone sighed deeply and looked a each other with a sad face.

"It was really great meeting you all." Hani said.

"Have a safe flight." Elsa looked at them.

"We'll catch you later." Hiccup shook hands with Mazlee.

"Bye bye buddies." Jack said softly.

"We're best friends and we will always be." Anusha stated.

"Till we meet again." See Yew Soon sighed.

"See Yew Soon, see you soon." Jack forced a smile.

"I see what you did there." See Yew Soon gave Jack a friendly punch.

The principal escorted Hani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee away. They waved at Elsa, Jack, Merida, Hiccup, Eugene as well as Rapunzel and vice versa.

"Well, they're gone guys, they're going back to Malaysia." Hiccup concluded.

"I already miss them!" Rapunzel wailed. "Why did they have to leave so fast?!"

"They were only here for two weeks!" Merida added.

"Isn't that a bit too short for an exchange student program?!" Jack snapped.

"Apparently?" Elsa asked.

Rapunzel, still crying, was accompanied by Merida to their dorm. Eugene and Hiccup went back to their dorm glumly. Elsa and Jack stood facing each other. Jack waved a small bye and walked to his dorm. Elsa kept staring at the corner that Hani, Anusha, See Yew Soon and Mazlee went. "So long, farewell." Elsa muttered.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!