Chapter 35: Making new friends

Elsa's POV

The weekend was finally here and as usual, I went to the apartment to see Anna. All of us decided to bring Hani, Anusha, Mazlee and See Yew Soon there. "Where are we going again?" Hani asked.

"We're going to Elsa's apartment." Punzie replied.

"I'm sure Anna would love to see you guys, she's really bubbly and loves making new friends." Merida added.

We arrived and I hurriedly took out the keys. "Anna!" I called out.

"Oh hey guys!" Anna welcomed us.

"Meet my sister, Anna." I stepped aside for Hani, Anusha, Mazlee and See Yew Soon.

"And who are these?" Anna asked. "Oh and please, do come in!"

All of us took a seat and I introduced our new buddies to Anna. "Anna, these are the exchange students from Malaysia that came to our college."

"Hi, I'm Nurul Farhani but just call me Hani."

"Hey there I'm Anusha."

"I'm Mazlee and you can call me Maz."

"I'm See Yew Soon and you can call me SYS."

"Pardon me? See you soon?" Anna asked.

"Y-E-W Anna." Eugene said.

"You can call him Yew Soon but he would literally freak out." Jack added.

"I'm Anna, Elsa's sister." Anna did a warm handshake with each of them.

"Nice to meet you." The four of them said in unison.

Anna looked at them and smiled. "So you're from Malaysia? A different country, awesome! What's life there?" Anna asked excitedly.

Jack leaned closer to me. "She can really strike a bond pretty much immediately with new people."

"I agree." Punzie joined in.

"I beg your pardon?" Anna suddenly blurted out. "Baju ku- what?"

"Baju kurung." Hani replied. "It's a Malay traditional dress."

"How do we translate that?" Mazlee wondered out loud.

"Well baju means shirt, or we could say dress in this situation. As for kurung.... Cage? Dress cage?" SYS asked.

"SYS! Dress cage isn't even a proper word! Will you STOP directly translating stuff?!" Anusha snapped.

"Dress cage?" Anna burst out laughing. All of us laughed as well. Dress cage?! This is too hilarious.

"Anna, there isn't a translation for baju kurung, it's like a special Malay word that knows no translation." Hani explained.

"There's also like sari, cheongsam, etc etc etc. Sari is an Indian traditional dress while cheongsam is a Chinese traditional dress." Anusha explained.

"How do the dresses look like?" Punzie asked excitedly. "By any chance I can make one?"

"I can show you how!" Mazlee cheered. "I don't think there's a sowing machine or anything here, right? Never mind, I'll just show it to you first." Mazlee said as he took out his phone and sat beside Punzie. They immediately built up a conversation, something to do with fabric or was it sowing methods. Anything to do with fashion.

"Looks like we have 2 fashion designers here." Hiccup chuckled.

"Then, what seasons do you like? I love summer, and you?" Anna turned back to the rest.

"Seasons?" Hani blurted out. "Kita ada seasons di Malaysia ke?"

"Tak ada kan? Malaysia mana ada spring, autumn, winter....?" SYS said.

"Kita selalunya panas saja, summer betul? Whole year kita summer." Anusha stated.

Anna leaned closer to me. "What in the world are they saying?!"

"It's called Malay, Anna." I chuckled. "Their national language."

"Oh I see. I thought they went coo coo." Anna laughed.

Hani turned back to Anna. "We don't have seasons in Malaysia. No spring, autumn or winter. All year long, Malaysia is summer forever and ever. Which is also really hot, compared to here, so much cooler!"

"No winter?!" Jack asked.

"Autumn?!" Merida exclaimed.

"What about spring?!" Eugene asked.

"Summer all year long?" I asked, surprised.

"Only summer, all year long." Anusha sighed. "Here is much colder compared to home, and it feels great!"

"Wow, Malaysia is so different from us in so many ways." Merida said.

"Then you wouldn't freeze to death!" Eugene joked. "Since there's no winter there!"

"Winter ain't that bad." Jack argued.

"Well maybe for a frost boy like you!" Hiccup said.

"Must be great there huh?" Anna asked.

"Well, not as great as here!" SYS exclaimed.

"It's great meeting you guys." Anna smiled.

"OK!" Punzie suddenly shouted. All of us turned to her in shock. "Chill, chill, not that loud!" Mazlee calmed her down.

"Sorry, I got too excited!" Punzie squealed.

"What's all this about?" I asked.

"She's set her mind on making a sari, baju kurung and cheongsam!" Mazlee replied.

"Wow, you can make those?!" Hani asked, surprised.

"She can make anything!" Eugene said proudly.

"Do you need anything?" SYS asked as he excitedly dug into his bag. "I have any colour of fabric, thread, anything you need!" He took out 2 rolls of fabric and some threads.

Anna stared at him in amazement. "How is it that you have all this?" She pointed to his bag.

"Well, this is SYS, mesti boleh dapat punya eh!" SYS grinned.

"No thanks See Yew Soon, I have everything I need." Punzie chuckled.

SYS placed back his stuff and sighed. "Well just so you know, if you need anything, just ask from me!"

A knock was heard on the door. "Kristoff!" Anna called happily and ran to the door. Kristoff came in and waved hi to all of us. "Hey everyone, and.... Who's this?" He asked as he pointed to Hani, Anusha, Mazlee and See Yew Soon.

"Hey dude! These are our new friends." Eugene said. "Hani, Anusha, Mazlee and SYS."

"Sup, I'm Kristoff." Kristoff introduced himself.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!