Chapter 45: Devastated Jack

Elsa's POV

Jack was barely in any mood today. He didn't come to see me in the morning or what so ever, he didn't talk to anyone at all. For the whole hour I sat with him, he didn't say a word. What happened to him? All of us tried to talk to him but Jack insisted on leaving him alone.

I tried to think of every possible problem he had. Was it because he still missed See Yew Soon and Mazlee? If it was, why did he seem so cheerful yesterday? Was it because of Tina? Did she ruin his day or something? Nonsense, even if Tina did come looking for Jack, Jack wouldn't be like this.

I whispered around to the rest. "Did any of you see anything that happened to him?"

"That's what I want to know!" Eugene whispered-yelled.

"Well from the looks of it, is he in depression?" Punzie asked.

"No way!" Hiccup cut in. "A person facing depression wouldn't be like that."

"He seemed fine yesterday and now today....?" Merida stated.

"Elsa," Punzie grabbed my hand. "Did you fight with him yesterday?"

"No, no I didn't. I barely talked to him after school ended." I answered.

"I thought he wanted to spend the day with you?" Eugene asked.

"Well he did, but then, he was running across the hallways and he told me something happened at home and-..... Of course! That something that happened at his home must be the cause of it!" I snapped my fingers.

"You mean he had a family problem?" Hiccup asked.

"What would it be then?" Merida thought out loud.

"His family has a problem? His family always has a problem! Mr Frost didn't even want us to meet Jack, he's the one that has a problem!" Punzie said loudly.

"Shhh!" Eugene hurriedly covered her mouth. "Jack's already devastated, try not to make it worse."

*Time skip*

I sat beside Jack who was poking on his food. He still hasn't said a single word. I already lost my appetite seeing this situation. "Jack." I gave him a nudge but he didn't budge. I leaned on him and was startled to see him fork and spoon was completely covered in ice.

" Jack!" I shook him violently. He finally snapped out of it and looked at me with a bored face. "What's wrong with you? You aren't said a single word since morning." I said worriedly. "And PS, ice on your cutlery."

Jack flicked his hand and removed the ice. " Jack, tell me, what happened to you?" I asked.

Jack took a deep breath. "Remember when I left school yesterday in such a hurry?" He started and I quickly nodded. "Well, my..... My parents want a divorce."

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that." I patted his back gently. "Did they fight really bad?"

"Yes, apparently they did, because of me." Jack sighed.

"Because of you?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. For some who knows what reason, my dad doesn't want me to remember about past. He even wanted to move me to another school after knowing you all. My mom protested this, causing them to argue. My parents then wanted to have a divorce. My mom would be taking me and my sister, Emma." Jack explained.

"I have always heard of Punzie talking non stop about your father." I blurted out.

"Yeah, she's always like that." Jack said.

Jack slowly started to eat his food. I'm glad he's looking slightly better now, that's a relief. I really feel sorry for him. He's lost too much in such a short amount of time. First was his room mates, now his parents. It's a lot for Jack to take in.

Merida and Hiccup passed by. She mouthed me and asked about Jack. I gave her a thumbs up sign and smiled at her. "He's ok now." I whispered.

Jack suddenly stood up. "I'm full already." He sighed and walked away. I comforted him and walked along. "Thanks Elsa." Jack pulled a weak smile.

"No problem." I smiled back. "Come on, you should get some rest."

I led Jack to his dorm but he insisted on going alone. I slowly nodded and went to my dorm." Elsa, Elsa!" Punzie called out, beckoning to her dorm.

"What's up Punzie?" I walked into her dorm.

"How's Jack? He barely talked the whole day."

"He finally told what happened, and I was right, it was because of that family problem he had."

"What was it?"

"His parents want a divorce."

"What?!"

"Yeah."

"Ouch, that must have hit hard on Jack."

"It did."

"What got them into doing this? Does Jack know?"

"Yes he does, his sister told him."

"Emma?"

"Yep."

"So, what did they do or say that led to this divorce?"

"Well, it goes like this...."

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!