"Hug" Nicky said and wrapped his arms around Rory's neck.

Rory wrapped her arms around Nicky and rubbed his back "I love you so much. Learn a lot and have fun, ok?"

"Ok"

"Alright, I'll see you later" Rory kissed the top of Nicky's head and waved to Mr Medina before leaving.

Rory and Logan met back at the car.

"I totally thought I was gonna cry" Rory said as Logan drove home

Logan smiled and put his hand on Rory's leg "before I forget, your grandmother asked me what song we want to dance to at the vow renewal and she wants to know if 200 people is enough so she can tell the caterers"

"That woman does not understand the meaning of just family and friends" Rory chuckled "also, you know what I realized?"

"What?"

"We didn't dance at our wedding so our first dance as a married couple was at my mom's wedding"

"Huh" Logan exhaled "I never thought about that"

Later that day Rory and Logan were sitting at the table, making their guest list.

Guest list:
Lorelai Danes
Luke Danes
April Nardini
Emily Gilmore
Richard Gilmore
Christopher Hayden
Gigi Hayden
Melanie Nelson (Christopher's girlfriend)
Mitchum Huntzberger
Shira Huntzberger
Honor Huntzberger
Josh
Nathan
Paris Gellar
Doyle McMaster
Lane Van Gerbig
Zach Van Gerbig
Steve Van Gerbig
Kwan Van Gerbig
Colin McCrae
Stephanie McCrea
Liam McCrea
Ellie McCrea
Finn Morgan
Isabella Morgan
Rosemary
Ethan Astor
Jenny Astor
Ava Astor
Juliet
Sookie st. James
Jackson Belleville
Davey Belleville
Marta Belleville

"Is that everyone?" Rory asked

"I think so" Logan said

"My grandmother's gonna lose her mind when I show her a list of 34 people" Rory chuckled

"It's 39 if you count us and the kids"

——

"Mama!" Grace ran to Rory when she saw her walk into the classroom

"Hi baby!" Rory picked her up and hugged her "did you have fun?" She put her down

"We went outside and we painted and we got to have cookies" Grace signed

"Sounds like fun" Rory signed "come on, let's go get Nicky"

They walked across campus to the elementary school building and waited in the hallway for Nicky to come out.

"Mommy!" Nicky said and hugged Rory's legs when he walked out of the classroom

"Hi bubba!" Rory bent down to hug him "did you have a good day?"

"Yeah!"

"Good, I'm glad" Rory smiled

"Can we go home now?" Grace asked

"Yes" Rory chuckled

Just as they were about to leave Max called out to Rory.

"Is everything ok?" Rory asked

"Yeah, I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a moment" Max said

"Sure"

They all walked back into the classroom.

"Nicky, why don't you show your sister the toys over there?" Max suggested. Nicky and Grace walked over to the other side of the room "I'd just like to talk to you for a moment about Nicky's reading"

"Oh..." Rory said. Of all the things she was imagining this being about, reading wasn't one of them. Rory and Logan ready to their kids every night since they were newborns and Nicky had been reading on his own for a couple of years.

"No, not in a bad way" Max said "he's ahead. I've only been teaching first grade for a few years but he is one of the most advanced readers I've seen"

"That's good, isn't it?"

"It's very good. If it's ok with you I'd like to test him for Chilton's program for gifted students. One day a week, instead of being in my class, he would be in this program where he can learn an advance at a faster pace"

"Um..."

"Think about it. Talk to your husband. Talk to Nicky. It's not time sensitive"

"Ok" Rory said. She got Nicky and Grace and they left.

——

That night, after putting the kids to bed, Rory told Logan what Max said.

"Makes sense" Logan said

"What makes sense?" Rory asked

"That he's really smart. I mean, just look at who his mom is"

"Logan..."

"I'm serious" Logan said "you're the smartest person I've ever met, by a long shot"

"You're sweet, but that's not what we're talking about"

"I say we do it" Logan said "I think that there's no downside to putting him somewhere where he can advance at a pace that's good for him"

"You're right"

——
AN: this is just what I think the kids would look like.