Chapter Sixty Nine

A/N: it's a long chapter but don't you freaking skip this or I swear—

Mikayla POV

"I would be mad too if I were her." My dad said, sitting crossed legs in front of me. When I didn't say anything back, he continued. "Mikayla, what you did was reckless. It's like you didn't give any thought before doing it."

"I did..." I retorted weakly.

"If you did then you wouldn't have done it." He stated. "Not only did you lie to her but also put both of your lives in dangerous. Do you even know the extent of the damage you've done?"

I lowered my gaze down to my lap.

My dad let out a breath before leaned back in his seat. "This may be hard to hear but the reason for you to be able to sit here and your girlfriend is safe and sound, all of it were just luck. You got lucky." I swallowed down the lump in my throat at his exclaim. "So many things could've gone wrong Mikayla. What would happen if you arrived to that place one second late when he aimed the gun at her? What would happen if you didn't push him away in time? What would happen if Drew Blaiden didn't hesitate with the knife on her neck? Think about it Kayla, you think you can live with the guilt if one of those things happened?"

"I just did what I thought was right at that moment." I murmured quietly, the tears welled in my eyes threatening to fall. "I never wanted anything to happen to her."

"Why didn't you tell me Mikayla?" He sighed. "You know I never get into your way of doing anything but this is serious darling. At least you should've told me about what you were going to do. We could handle this thing together, I could offer some help."

"You already have a lot things to deal with, I didn't want to bother you with something I could do myself." I muttered, fidgeting with my fingers.

"This is about your safety Mikayla. He was coming after you two and you scared you'd bother me with that?" He asked bewildered.

"I'm sorry."

My dad shook his head slowly, clear disappointing on his face. "I hope you can work things out with Alia and take this as a lesson for the next time you do anything. Love isn't the only thing in a relationship Mikayla. It's already bad when you break someone's trust but with your loved one, it's much worse."

He dismissed me after that and I softly closed the door of his study behind me. Quietly making my way to the lively living room filled with people chattering, I saw my mother and Alia sitting with her mother and sister, they just landed here this morning. I couldn't tell you the concern and relief on their face when they see her, her mom cried after getting to hear the full story and Lillian, she looked like she was ready to kill someone. I'm just glad Allie have her family here with her.

The conversation was lighter now, no more about stalking or kidnapping. They were all laughing about something and Alia's eyes flickered to me when I walked in, her laughter immediately died out. An uncomfortable knot in my stomach made itself known after seeing that.

"Mikayla, come sit." My mom beckoned me to sit next to her.

I wordlessly walked to the couch and sat down, not without glancing at Alia to see she was looking anywhere but me.

"How did it go with your dad? Is he angry or just teeny tiny mad?" She asked.

"I don't know. Not bad as I thought but still bad though." I mumbled.

"Then it's fine. You guys would be back to normal in no time." My mom patted my thigh, assuring me with a smile.

"Is it just me or you look less attractive with those stitches on your head?" Lillian blurted out in the middle of nowhere, everyone turned to her at her remark but then quickly looked at me, or at my head. "Weird, usually people would look hot but you looked like the dog from Frankenweenie."