Chapter Twenty Two

Mikayla's POV

I opened the door slightly and peeked in to see she was still fast asleep, I walked in carefully, not wanting to wake her up to pulled the blanket over her shoulders and plugged the charger out her
phone, seeing it was full now.

I watched her snuggle her head deeper in the pillow and hugged the other one closer to her chest. I smiled at the sight in front of me, she looked so at peace and beautiful. The way her blonde hair scattered around her face and it shined under the sunlight, her slow breathing and eyes still puffy from crying last night. She looked like an angel, a fallen angel whose heart so pure and fragile that unfortunately stuck in this world, a place full of hatred and jealousy. But in the middle of this chaotic world, I get to meet this beautiful human being and that's all that mattered.

I looked at the clock to see it was still early and I thought she deserved to get more rest so I left her room and went to make breakfast. I started to boil some water and while I wait, my mind flashed back to last night.

"Shh...shh....it's okay baby, just let it out." I whispered in her ears while she clutched onto my shirt and cried. I was broken too seeing her like this but I know she has to let everything bottled inside her out. My hand rubbed her back slowly while I held her head close to my chest with the other.

"It hurts Mikayla, I don't want to feel anything anymore." She whimpered and I held her tighter, trying to calm her down. "Make it stop." Her voice cracked and I closed my eyes, praying that the pain in her would go away.

"Everything will be okay love, I promise." I kissed her head and continue whispering words in her ears. Slowly Alia grew too tired from crying and fell asleep in my arms. I waited for her to be deep in sleep before I carried her to the room she stayed in the last time she was here. I gently laid her down the bed and draped the blanket over her body. The moment her head hit the pillow, she visibly relaxed. I sighed seeing her asleep with tired breaths, I didn't know what exactly she's been through but I know she doesn't deserve any of that. After I cleaned her face and made sure she's settled and comfortable, I turned off the lights and made my way out her room.

I was fixing breakfast for both of us when I heard some noise behind my back. I turned around to see Alia slowly making her way in the kitchen.

"Good morning, I made us breakfast." I said softly and she went sit down the table.

"Morning." Her voice hoarse and quiet.

"How are you feeling today?" I turned back to grabbed two dishes and put it down in front of her.

"Fine." She sipped her orange juice and started eating, still looking down.

I nodded. "Do you want to go work today?"

"I have to, we have a meeting today remember?"

"We can schedule it to a different day, I can call my assistant to change it." I glanced up at her and said.

She sighed. "We don't mix our personal lives with work, you know that Mikayla."

"I know, it's just that I don't want you push yourself too hard. You had a break down last night and I...I thought you might wanna take a day off." I tried searching for her eyes and when she did let me see them, something inside me tighten. In her beautiful green eyes there was something so dark and broken, it was a mix of anger and sadness.

"This is exactly why I don't tell people how I feel." She clenched her teeth and stood up. "You're pitying me, and I fucking hate it." She put her plate in the sink and her back facing me

I slowly made my way to her and softly touched her hand, turned her back so I could see her. Before I could say anything she yanked her hand away from me and crossed her arms.

"Alia what's wrong?" I know she was upset about something else, not just what happened last night.

She looked at me and scoffed. "What's wrong? Seriously Mikayla? I'm engaged and we fucking kissed, that's what's wrong."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought you wanted it? I asked for your consent and you gave it."

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I did. I did want that kiss and that's fucked up."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nervously asked her. "Do you....regret it?" She broke eye contact and looked away from me. "Please answer me." I whispered.

I saw the tears filled her eyes but she wiped it away quickly. She turned to look at me slowly and let out a shaky breath. "I don't." Her voice above whisper.

I let out a relived sigh and nodded. "Thank you."

"I meant it when I said I could hurt you Mikayla." She said. "But I don't want to hurt you because I know how's that feel, it's awful and I don't want you to go through it."

"So you really don't regret it?" I asked hopefully.

"No. As much as I want to, I don't regret it." She looked still distressed but I was happy, all the nervousness in me disappeared.

"I don't regret it either." I said to her. "You held me captive the moment I met you Alia, you were all that I think about. Maybe I could never get to call you mine but I just want you to know that no matter what happen, I will always be there for you and be someone that you want me to be." I smiled at her and her eyes brighten.

"You don't have to be anyone else Mikayla, you're already perfect." She smiled softly at me and grabbed my hand. "What happened last night, I don't want to change anything about it, I would do it again honestly. But I'm engaged Mikayla, what I did is wrong."

She squeezed my hand and continued. "We can't continue doing what we did Mikayla. Chris might be a dickhead but we're still in a relationship and I have to respect it, I have to respect myself too. But I don't want to lose you either, god I sound so selfish. Can we just put what happened last night behind and keep being friend? If that's what you want of course."

I looked at her and smiled. I don't want to lose her either, I know I have a feeling for her but if I can put it aside, there might still be a chance for our friendship. Fuck I just got friend zoned. Nonetheless, I'm glad I met her even though we can't be together because as long as she's happy, I'm happy too.

"Okay, I'd love to be your friend again." I said softly. "But just want to let you know, if you ever need a shoulders to cry on, I'm always available." I winked at her and she giggled.

"You know what, don't move that meeting. I'm not afraid seeing you anymore." She smirked and walked away.

"Wait what are you afraid of?" I called out.

"I can't deal with the tension and all that stuff." She said over her shoulders.

"Hey I kinda want to know what's it like being awkward with you." I asked mostly to myself.

"Shut up and drive me home you dork." She rolled her eyes and I jogged to catch up with her.

A/N: I'm having many assignments this week so I don't really have time to update, hopefully it will be better next week.