Chapter Fourty Eight

I looked at him with disgust, the smirk on his face only made me want to wipe it off by a punch. "What the hell are you doing here?" I gritted my teeth. "You're not allow to show your face here, I told you to stay out of my life."

"So feisty. Calm down baby, you wouldn't want to draw attention here would you?" He looked around as he put his hands in his pockets. I followed his gaze and started to calm myself down. "That's better. I didn't think moving on from me would make you have an anger issue now."

I glared at him and walked hurriedly to one of the empty offices, pulling him inside as I closed the door. "You better tell me what the hell is going on and you better cut the bullshit or the security's gonna drag you out of here by your neck."

"I didn't come here because of you." He rolled his eyes. "I just had a conversation with your dad to put an end to our businesses, I'm tired of working for people like your family. I have the opportunity to start fresh and there's no way I'm doing it with you guys."

"Good for you then." I shrugged. "It's not like I want to work with you either."

He huffed and started walking out the door when he said. "By the way, tell your girlfriend- oh right.." Chris chuckled and walked back to me. "You think I wouldn't know the person you cheated on me with is that Astor girl huh?" He spoke lowly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at him. "Drop it Chris. We're over, there's no need to talk about it anymore."

Chris tilted his head and smiled. "It's actually funny to see how you guys try to protect each other, I almost find it admirable."

"Leave her out of this." I clenched my jaw.

"Hm I wonder what the media would think when they find out the lovely daughter of Cullen Gladhill had an affair with the girl who sleep with basically everyone in her eyesight." He hummed. "Gosh I couldn't imagine the title on that tabloid, it would be all over the news." He chuckled.

I balled my fist and threw daggers at him with my eyes, it took everything in me not to throw punches at him. They have camera in the room. "You couldn't be more of an ass aren't you. You fucking hit me, I should have filed a lawsuit against you so your ass would be rotten in jail right now."

"Don't try to act like a bigger person here Alia, we both know you're not that perfect as you seem to be." He said near my face but retreated back and breathed out. "As much as I want to watch you go down, I can't really do it because of that favor your girlfriend did for me. Hate to say this but she gave me a way out, I don't want to get into more trouble at this moment."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "What favor?"

"Oh you don't know?" He raised his eyebrows. "Guess your new relationship is not that better than what we had either, huh?" He chuckled. I shot him a look making him shut up. "Why do you think I suddenly let go of you that easily and even think about splitting the business to stand on my own two feet after I gave up my company for some dude?"

"I don't have to give a shit about what's going on in your life." I spat out.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well since you're clueless about everything, the Astor girl came to me." He continued. "She wanted me to take the money I owed in order for me to stay away from you, from what I saw, she was pretty pissed about what I did to you. But that's also what gave it away, no one would be crazy enough to throw a few million dollars out the window for a friend just like that."

My head started to register everything he just said, Mikayla paid for him to stay away from me? She still came to him after I made it clear I want what happened to just end right there. Moreover, why would she not tell me anything about this?