Chapter Fourty Two

Alia's POV

"Sorry I can't be there Al. I already promised my parents I'd be home this year."

I sighed, flopping down the couch. "It's okay Damon, spend time with your family. They need you too. I'll see you after the holiday. Tell your parents I said hi and send them my gifts okay?"

"Okay. Merry Christmas Alia, I'll call you when I get there." Damon said over the phone and we bid goodbyes.

Taking a sip of wine, I scrolled through my phone to dial my sister's number.

"Hey Alia how it's going?" She picked up after a few rings.

"Hey I'm fine. When are you gonna get here?" I said biting my nails anxiously. She told me the other day she'd be back here for Christmas with me.

I heard a groan from her. "I'm sorry so much Al, another show popped up last minute and they need me to run it."

"What does that mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"I can't be there for Christmas Alia." She said quietly. "But I'll try my best to spend new year eve with you!" She added quickly. "I'm so sorry you know how hectic things are with holidays and stuff. I promise I'll make it up to you, I'll buy you everything you wanted and when I get back to new york we can visit that ice cream place again."

"Don't worry Lily." I cut her little ramble. "I understand. Just don't forget to take care yourself too okay. You can come and visit me in different time." I smiled softly.

"Okay. I love you okay? Remember it. And Merry Christmas baby, I'll give you my presents directly when I get there." Her voice was gentle and I could feel we were both sad that we couldn't spend the holidays together but I supposed that the way life is.

I turned off the phone and threw it on the couch. Resting my head on the couch, my eyes averted to the small Christmas tree I've already set up in the corner of the room. The sparkling lights reflect on the ornaments and illuminated the whole room. This was the first time I've spent Christmas alone and it felt...strange.

Ever since the day I confronted my parents, nothing were heard from them, even from mom. Normally when the holidays come, they'd call me or Chris over to have dinner or spend the day at their place. But now, nothing. They didn't call or anything so I supposed I wasn't invited then.

I groaned hitting my head against the cushion. This felt like shit. Never have I ever thought my life would be more miserable than it already is. Standing up, I walked to the kitchen to fix myself dinner when suddenly there was a knock at the door.

I tilted my head looking at the direction. I definitely didn't expect anyone at this hour. Another knock was heard and I walked to the door.

"Coming!" I said out. Swinging the door opened, my mouth was left opened at the person standing in front of me. "Mikayla? What are you doing here?"

"Hey." She grinned and stepped inside. "Nice place you got here." She looked around and walked in further.

I closed the door and looked at her confused. "Uh thanks. How do you know where I live?" Last time I checked she has never been here before.

Mikayla turned around and smiled. "You can't hide anything from me. Now, where's your bedroom?"

"What?" I crossed my arms looking at her opened different doors like she was the owner here.