Chapter Fourty Nine

I breathed out looking all the suitcases on the floor, I still don't understand why Lily have to pack this much for a week, it was like the whole closet. Her flight would be ten tomorrow morning so at least I still able to sleep in a bit. Before turning off the light, I checked my phone one last time to see if Mikayla has texted or called me, usually she'd wish me a good night but tonight still nothing.

I didn't mean to just leave like that but I really needed some time to myself before it turned into a fight that neither of us want. Sighing to myself, I climbed onto the bed and started to drift away. I was fast asleep when some muffled sound came up, my sleepiness state ignored it and went back to sleeping before I heard it again, this time clearer. It was a knock.

I peeked my eyes open and glanced at the clock to see it was almost three in the morning, putting my robes on. I lazily moved to the front door and looked through the peep hole to see a familiar figure. Confusion laced in my mind as I opened the door, she immediately straightened herself up when she saw me.

"Mikayla? What...?" I furrowed my eyebrows when looking at her. "What happened to you?!" I whispered yelling before pulling her in and closed the door. She has a cut on her eyebrow and her state was a complete mess.

Mikayla cleared her throat and diverted her gaze around before settling on me. "I..I know it's late now but I just can't let myself sleep knowing we had a fight and I did nothing about it. I don't want you to wake up tomorrow morning and feel upset, I can't let us go to sleep like that." She swallowed the lump in her throat.

Staring at her, I saw her eyes were glossing and she really beaten herself up about what happened. I gently grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen but she didn't move a foot. "Come on." I said softly. Mikayla shook her head and looked down. "Babe, please listen to me." I brushed over her knuckles and she finally gave in and followed me.

I motioned her to sit down on the stool before I took out the first aid kit and poured her a cup of water. I used a wet cloth and gently wiped away the dry blood on her temple. It was just a small cut but I could tell she hit something pretty hard. Since I was standing pretty close to her face, I could smell a faint smell of alcohol coming from her.

"What happened to you?" I whispered while cleaning her up. I was half nervous that she might went out and got into a fight with someone because Mikayla might be the calmest and the most composed person I've known but when she reached a certain level of anger, it's really hard for her to control herself. Need I to remind you the time I met her in the bar a while ago.

"I tripped over the chair and hit my face on the floor." She said hesitantly. I stopped my movements and raised my brows at her. "It's true, the lights were dimmed and I couldn't see clear." Her voice turned quieter at the end.

"Okay." I went back to cleaning the cut but one thought kept plaguing my mind making my hand hesitated. "Are you drunk?" I gulped.

She looked at me and shook her head. "No just a little tipsy. I didn't drink much."

I nodded and mentally calmed down before getting back treating the cut. "Why did you go to the bar? I thought you spent the night in." I asked after a moment.

She sighed and shifted a bit. "After you left I was upset at myself and I thought going out would help somewhat, didn't think it would result in slapping my face against the floor." She shrugged. "Why did you think I went out though?"

"I just know." I hummed and threw away the dirty cloth. Carefully placing the bandage on her wound, she scrunched up her face a bit but still sitting in place for me. "Okay it's done." I cleaned up the mess and moved away.

It was silence for a minute and I was washing my hands when Mikayla spoke up. "I'm sorry for going behind your back like that, I swear I didn't mean it. Can we stop fighting now? I hate being away from you."

I dried my hands and approached her, her eyes watched my every moves. "But we are not fighting, that wasn't a fight Mikayla. It was a—discussion?" I smiled awkwardly trying to lighten the mood. "I just don't like the way you go do things on your own when it comes to my problems, as much as I appreciated for what you did but you have to share things with me. We're in a relationship, we're doing things together."

Mikayla held me by the waist and pulling me closer, my arms immediately wrapped around her shoulders. "I said that I will try my best to be someone that deserve you but it seems like I keep messing it up am I?" She smiled half-heartedly. "It's probably the reason why it took me so long to express my feelings, I'm just so fucking afraid that I might not be enough for you and I'd give less than you deserve. And I would hate every fiber of my being if I did that to you when you gave me your heart." Her voice cracked and she held me tighter.

I raised my hand to wipe away the tears welling in her eyes as I gave her a smile. "Not everyone is perfect baby, not everything is as good as it seems. It's okay to be afraid but I don't want you to feel that way anymore now that you're with me. You are the best thing that ever happen to me and I couldn't have asked for something more other than you Mikayla. You're everything I need and want." My fingers brushed against her cheeks and she buried her head in my chest as she sniffled quietly.

"Can you not be mad at me anymore?" Mikayla mumbled.

I ran a hand through her hair and chuckled. "I've never mad at you to begin with."

"Really?"

"Mhm." I gently pulled her back and cupped her cheeks. "Let's go to bed yeah?"

Mikayla nodded and I helped her clean up before we went to bed. I turned off the lights after climbed up to bed and Mikayla immediately moved closer to me. She buried her face in the crook of my neck and breathed in heavily. My hand stroke her hair gently to lure her into sleep.

When I thought she was asleep, Mikayla suddenly spoke above whisper. "Can you sing me to sleep?" Her voice fragile and tired.

"Okay." I whispered and kissed her head. I started singing with a quiet voice, my hand kept stroking her hair and held her with other while her breaths became lighter. "...you will always be my favorite form of loving." When I felt her was completely asleep, I shifted slightly to get more comfortable but her body moved closer to me as well. All night long she cuddled close to me and I had to hold her securely so she could sleep peacefully. My body was quite numb from the same position but everytime I moved slightly Mikayla would grip my shirt tightly and snuggle up closer so I couldn't go anywhere.

I woke up rather early the next morning, didn't have it in me to wake her peaceful state up so I went out to grab some breakfast for her before changing my clothes to meet up with my sister one last time.

"Baby...I have to go see Lily off now. Sleep well okay?" I leaned down and said quietly to her.

Mikayla shifted and grumbled a bit. "I'm coming with you."

"It's okay, go back to sleep." I pulled her blanket higher and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back later." I received another inaudible grumble before she went back sleeping. I smiled to myself before walking out and closed the door.

A/N: you guys are my favorite form of loving