Chapter Thirty Four

The bed dipped behind me and I felt fingers caressed my hair softly. I sighed quietly and enjoyed the feeling with my eyes closed. The sun peeked through the curtains and showed a small ray of sunlight on the floor. The feeling was calm and peaceful, for one moment I didn't feel chaos running around me. Not because the warmth of the sun or the silence in the room right now but because there was something else in me.

"Hey I made breakfast." Damon said softly behind me. "I mean I tried to but I tasted it, it's edible though so don't worry." He chuckled nervously.

I didn't say anything and pulled the blanket closer, breathing out.

He sighed, placing a hand on my arm. "You have to eat something Al, please, just a little?"

One minute, two, then it turned to three. The silence was agonizing but I enjoyed it. This way I could focus on my mind and not everything else.

"Alia? Please?"

"Get out." My voice stern and held no emotions.

"Alia...please don't do this."

I blocked his voice out and soon he didn't say anything anymore and put the plate down. I felt he leaned down and placed a kiss on my head, slightly rubbing my hair before walking out.

"If you want to eat later then just tell me, I'll heat it up for you." With that he closed the door. I sighed and hugged a pillow tighter to myself. Damon knew when not to push me and I was glad because I didn't want to know what I'd do if he pushed my button.

Time slowly passed and I tried to have some sleep after a restless night. Finally I was able to dozed off for a few hours before my phone ringing. I intended to ignore it because Chris and Mikayla has been blowing up my phone nonstop, but this time somebody was facetiming me.

I sighed and rolled over to grab the phone. My sister was calling. Great.

I let my face snuggled in the blanket before answered her.

"Oh so you still pick up the phone." Lily said while she was stuffing her face with a bag of cereal. Yeah that's how she eat it.

"Hey, how it's going?" I said quietly.

She wiped her mouth before answering. "My little sis still care about me? I'm touched." She pouted like a fish.

"Screw you." I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch do you know how long it's been since we last talked? Almost two months Al." She glared at me. "Two months."

"Time flies I guess." I said blankly.

"You didn't even text me or call." She whined. "Do you know how much it hurts? Sometimes I just want to spend sometime with you to catch up, I know the distance makes it really hard but god damn it, you only need two minutes to send me a text."

"Well but you didn't reach out to me either?!" I retorted.

"Because I want you for once do that first. It has always been me so I waited to see if you did anything. Well guess what? You didn't even remember my existence." Lily took a tissue and pretended to sniff.