Chapter Twenty Seven

Mikayla's POV

I stood belong my dad and mom while they do the talking, I might look like a child but I don't feel like socializing right now, but maybe I am a child. Who's even like talking to elder people? My eyes keep glancing at the entry to looking for a certain blonde. Why isn't she here yet?!

"Who are you looking for dear?" My mom turned to me with amused.

I looked back at her and pouted. "A friend but I don't see them anywhere."

"It's still early Kayla, don't worry." Mom patted my arm and turned back to her friend.

I looked at the entry one last time before some old man started making conversation with me. I let him talk the whole time while I just awkwardly nodding and smiling at him. It seems like my mom sensed my discomfort so she jumped in and saved me out of that hole. I love her so much. I was about to grab a glass of champagne from the waiter when I heard someone.

"Ah finally the Gladhill's here." One lady said looking out at the entry and my eyes immediately followed hers as well. Right before my eyes I saw Mr and Mrs Gladhill walked through the door and my breath hitched when behind them it was the one person I've been dying to see. She was perfect tonight, no she's always perfect but tonight she completely took my soul away. I could feel every fiber of my being swelled at the sight of her, it wasn't the butterflies in my stomach, the feeling is so much stronger. It makes me crave of her, want to claim her mine and drown in the possibility of her and I. The crave for her is so powerful that it makes my heart sore. It aches for her so much and yet I couldn't do anything about it, she really knows how to drive me insane. Alia looked around the room and when her forest green eyes landed on mine, she showed me her beautiful and shy smile. My face must be crimson red right now since I waved at her awkwardly while I was smiling like a fool. She turned to talk to her parents a few words before she made her way to me, greeting people along the way.

"Jesus the paparazzi out there is crazy." She chuckled once she stood before me.

"It's understandable, you look too beautiful that you steal every attention tonight." I took two glass of champagne and handed her one.

She took the drink. "Thanks and stop it, have you looked at yourself? Everyone is glancing at you every two minutes."

"No they were looking at you." I bit my lips while my eyes were still admiring her. She rolled her eyes and drank her champagne and that's when I saw it. Her wedding ring. I swallowed the lump in my throat and adverted my eyes away. I've rarely seen her wearing her ring, actually now comes to it, the only time I've seen it was the night she attended my welcome party and she was there with her fiancé. Her fiancé. Apart from that she never wears it...until tonight. I could feel my heart sink a bit but this is what I have to endure when I fell for somebody that I can't have. Like people said, the worst thing about love is when you meet the right person at the wrong time. Eventually one person will have to carry on life with a heavy heart.

"You okay Mikayla?" Allie asked me with a concerned face and touched my arm. Somehow I couldn't control my body that moment and I pulled my hand away. Her face fell and she took a step back. "Sorry." She mumbled.

I didn't mean to do that but before I could apologize, a hand was put on my shoulders making me look at the person.

"I knew you'd be here." Bette exclaimed. "I was going around looking for you."

"Hey Bette." I said. "Uh Alia, this is Bette Blaiden, daughter of Drew Blaiden, he was one of our clients and this is Alia Gl-"

"Alia Gladhill! You don't need to introduce her, she was listed by Forbes, everyone knows her!" Bette cut me off. "It's so nice to finally meet you, I admire you so much."