Chapter Fourty One

Alia's POV

I walked inside when the maid opened the door for me. Glancing at the living room to see no one was there, I made my way straight to his office. I heard some noises because his door was slightly left opened, without knocking I walked in.

He was on his phone so I took a sit on the couch, waiting him to finish.

"Now I know that not only you're ungrateful but also don't have any manners left as well." He said to me when he hang up the phone.

I remained calm and waited for him to stand up. "I came here to talk to you, not having another fight dad."

He hummed and poured himself a glass of whiskey. "Good. This has been postponed long enough." He made his way to sit in front of me, just in time my mom joined in too. They were both sitting in front of me now. "What do you want?"

I looked at my mom before taking a breath. "I don't want anything. In fact I'm here to inform both of you that me and Chris are over. The engagement or the wedding you're hoping for won't be happening."

It was silence for a moment. Dad was just staring at me dead in the eyes while mom nodded her head and stayed low.

"Are you kidding me?" He finally broke the silence. "Do you know what you're talking about here? Where the hell is that guy? I need to talk to him." He was about to stand up but mom stopped him. He glared down at her but complied anyway.

"Just listen to her first Cullen." She said quietly.

I tried to muster up a small smile at her but couldn't bring myself to do that. "I've never been in love with him." I looked at them. "I didn't know why I said yes to his proposal in the first place. Honestly I didn't- no I don't know why I did that." I shook my head and chuckled sarcastically. "And I was the one to blame for doing that. I m...mean who even accept one's proposal when you're not even in love with them?"

They were both listening to me, not saying one word while I sat there, having a conversation that I'd never thought I would have.

"So yeah...it was my fault. I practically used him and played with his feelings all this time. I've always thought this relationship messed up because of him, because he was so...distant to me." My voice wavered and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by my own feelings and thoughts. "But no, it was me. I was the one who destroyed this relationship and ruined it. Therefore I'm sorry, I'm sorry for putting you through everything and blame you for everything that went wrong."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "But if I could go back and change it, I wouldn't. Because it gave me a lesson and it gave me so much more than that." It gave me a chance to meet her. "So yeah, I just came here to say that to you guys. It's okay if you don't accept it, I understand. Just please don't try to control my life and think that's what best for me. I'm fully capable of making choices on my own whether it's good or bad."

Mom smiled warmly at me while I looked at him. Nothing was on his face. No emotions, no expression, nothing.

"So now you too?" I furrowed my brows. "You're gonna act out like your sister too huh? What? Getting on your two feet and act like an independent woman?"

"I- no...I'm sorry didn't you listen what I just said?" I asked feeling ridiculous. Is he for real?

"All I heard was that you put everything into the trash and make up some lame excuses to make yourself look good and for people to pity you." He rolled his eyes and continued drinking like it was nothing.