Chapter Fifty Nine

Mikayla parked the car alongside the road, walking out to open my door. She intertwined our hands and led us to the cinema, seeing Damon already standing there.

"Hey you guys made it." He exclaimed, sharing hugs between me and Mikayla.

"Hey, where's your girl at Damon?" Mikayla asked, looking around.

He waved his phone. "She's coming. Wait for her for a minute."

"You're not picking her up?" I arched my brow.

He opened his mouth but quickly smiling, looking behind me.

"Oh my gosh hey!" A squealed came up behind me, a ginger head young looking girl appeared, smiling widely. "Sorry for making you guys wait, I just clocked out my shift." She giggled, went to Damon's side.

"Nevermind." I mumbled.

"Chantel, these two are my friends. Alia and Mikayla. Al, Mikayla..." He pointed his finger around. "Meet Chantel."

"Hey, nice to meet you." Mikayla smiled, exchanged a quick hug with a girl.

"Hey." I raised my hand, did a half way wave at her.

"It's great to finally meet you guys! Damon told me about you two." She giggled, a little too chirpy to my liking.

"Oh really, huh?" I asked, cocking my head at Dame.

"God you guys are so pretty. He definitely didn't tell me his friends were this hot." She bit her inner cheeks to contain her smile. I was about to let out laugh when the girl leaned in to me, my body immediately tensed up. "You smell so good. What perfume do you use?" She stood too close to me.

"Uhm it's Creed." I said, inching my face away from her.

"Ooh sounds fancy." She chuckled, finally taking a step back. "I don't think I'll be able to afford it though."

"You don't have to worry about it babe. If you ever need anything, just tell me." He circled her waist, pecking her lips.

I had to look away then. "Okay then. What are we standing here for? Let's go in yeah?" I gestured to the cinema behind us.

"Actually we're going to have dinner." He said, walking hand in hand with his girlfriend in front of us.

"Then why the hell are we standing here?" I furrowed my brows.

"Chantel works just down the street, figured it would be closer for her to meet up here."

"Okaaay then why are we walking and not driving again?" I asked, shooting Mikayla a look.

"Well the restaurant is down here too. Just a few miles Al." He said over his shoulders.

I looked at Mikayla confused. Why can't we just meet up at the restaurant then? Doesn't she still have to walk all that miles?

Mikayla just shrugged in response, following his lead. "I don't know, he's the one who planned this."

"Just kill me already." I grumbled. Walking behind them with Mikayla's arm wrapped around my shoulders.

Damon picked out a rather nice restaurant, I've never been here before but with all the glimmering chandeliers and the quiet atmosphere, I could tell it was a fancy one.

"This is nicer than I thought." Chantel gave the waiter the menu after we've done ordering. "I love this place."

"Only the best for you." He winked.

"So Damon told us that you guys met at your work? How did that lead to where we are here?" Mikayla smiled, holding my hand.

"Well at first I thought he was a really cute guy. He's nice and says things that make people laugh." She shrugged. "He comes there often too. And I noticed he stole glances at me a lot, and he'd always find a way to talk to me." Chantel giggled, nudging him. "It was cute, I kinda liked him too. So I slipped a note of my number to him, you know, just to see what happen. Turned out he was into me too, one thing led to another, and yeah, here we are."