Chapter Twenty

After spending all afternoon shopping, I managed to buy a lovely new purse while Mikayla, well let's just say she went wild. Her trunk can't even fit all those bags and she had to put some of them in the backseat. Rich people, can't relate.

We're now on our way to Mikayla's house to spend the night there. I couldn't say no because this girl would literally throw a tantrum.

"So what do you want for dinner?" She asked while her eyes still focus on the road.

"Surprise me." I said while looking at her side profile, her jawline is so sharp and elegant and I love how she alway has this smirk on her face, it's so dork and cocky at the same time.

"You really like surprises aren't you?" She glanced at me for a second before her eyes went back to the road.

"I like unpredictable things, it's more interesting that way." I shrugged my shoulders. Life is boring and we always need something to spice it up.

"Do you know that many people don't like it? They even want to invent a time machine to go visit the future."

"Yeah I really don't get that." I scrunched up my face. "What are they doing it for? To go see if there's fly cars or human robots or how civilized the world will become? It's just waste of time to be honest, all the shit at the moment is already fucked up, we don't need to worry about things that happen in the next century."

"That's how human are, we always try to chase after something, we just can't never sit still." She chuckled. Soon we arrived at her complex and she stepped out first to open my door.

I mumbled a small 'thank you' and turned to look at all the bags that sit in the back seat. "How are we gonna carry all these stuff to your apartment?"

She shrugged. "I'm gonna ask somebody to do that. Now come on." She held out a hand that I'm gladly took and we walked into the elevator.

"I can't stop loving this view that you have, it's magnificent." I said in awe in front of the big window Mikayla has in her apartment.

"Yeah it's something that you can't get used to." She giggled behind me. "Get comfy, I'm gonna go to the kitchen to see what we have for dinner. Do you want anything to drink?"

"I'm good. Do you need any help?" I stood up from the sofa and approached her. "I can't cook but I can help you get ready."

"Well that would be lovely." She smiled and we walked into the kitchen together.

"So you always cook for yourself?"

"Of course, it's like a joy to me so I can't complain." She took out some ingredients out of the fridge and set them up on the counter.

I hummed. "Doesn't it get frustrating when you get home from working all day?"

"It does sometimes, in those days I just make something quick to eat." I saw her taking out flour and a rolling pin?

"Are you making pasta?" I asked out in curiosity.

She chuckled and shook her head. "Nope m'lady."

"Then what the flour for?" I furrowed my brows.

"Questions much, I thought you wanted surprises." She raised an eyebrow at me. "Now can you help me dice up the onion?"

I nodded and went to her side, sliced the onion into half and started dicing it while she put some flour on the counter and cracked an egg.

I watched her mixing up both ingredients and kneading the dough. Then she put it into the bowl and covered it with the cloth. I eyed her in confusion and she noticed it.