Chapter Thirty Three

Everything inside me turned upside down and all I wanted is to get up and throw up. My head was swarmed by every thoughts and my heart was about to explode any second. This couldn't be happening, no he didn't say that. He didn't say that, this wasn't real. I can't....how-

"What?" I croaked out, looking around the table and saw everyone was smiling. "This-this...you guys kidding right? I-I mean we...we're not ready..." I stuttered and choked on my own saliva.

"Al you think this is a joke?" My dad said lowly, his eyes fiercing into my soul.

I shook my head and my whole body started to tremble. "Dad I can't-"

"She's just shocked by this is all sir. I'm sure she didn't mean anything." Chris tighten his grip on my hand. "Hell I was shocked too when you tell me about this." He chuckled nervously.

"Wait...you knew about this?" I turned to him and whispered unbelievable.

"I-I was just found out yesterday babe-"

"So everyone knew. Except me" I chuckled, pulling my hand harshly away from his. "This is my life and I was oblivious to everything going on while other people jumping around live my life for me?"

"Alia. Watch your mouth." Dad glared at me and gripped the folk tightly. Everyone else was quiet and acted like they were all so innocent which making me sick.

"Are you serious? You just made a decision for the rest of my life and kept me away from it!" I stood abruptly from the chair. "And you expect me to nod and go along with it?!"

"Honey sit down." My mom touched my arm but I yanked it away. "We can talk about this, calm down sweetie."

"Calm down? Are you hearing yourself mother? I-you can't tell me to calm down when this shit is going on mom." I ran a hand through my hair and tried my best to keep everything in control because I was this close to let everything inside me break.

"You're overreacting Al, you're in an engagement with Chris and you know sooner or later you'd have to marry him. So stop acting like a child and sit down-"

"But this is about my life! You don't have the right to make that decision for me!" I cut him off. "I'm engaged to him doesn't mean you can tell when I can and can't marry him. It doesn't work like that and I'm sick of you keep controlling my life! I'm your daughter not your puppet for god sake!"

"That's enough!!" He slammed his fist down the table making everyone flinched, except me. "Listen here child, I'm not gonna sit here and let you walk all over me. You better show me some god damn respect or you can walk out of my house right now you ungrateful brat!"

The moment he finished talking, I wiped my tears and rushed out of the house.

"Alia wait!" I heard Chris and my mom yelled behind but I blocked their voices out. My whole body shook with anger while tears were streaming down my face.

Before I pushed the door open I heard my dad yelled at my mom and told her not to follow me. My foot stepped out of the house and the wind of fall  immediately hit me in the face, making me hug my body tight while I tried to control my breathing.

"Alia." I heard Chris said behind me. "Why did you do that?"

I sniffled my nose and held in a sob in my throat. "I don't want to talk to you."

"No Al you literally said you don't want to marry me in front of everyone. You don't get to ignore me after what you just did! Do you even know how humiliated I was in there? You basically just spat in my face!" He yelled.

"Stop it!" I turned around to look at him. "Not you too Chris, please that's enough." I whispered with tears stinging my eyes.

"Look I know I should have told you about it but you know it's just a matter of time that we plan our wedding. So I don't really get why you so upset about it?" He grunted.